“Great choice for small town visiting” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Warner
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in West Chester
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Orlando, Florida
“Great choice for small town visiting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

First time staying at the Hotel Warner and I was not disappointed. Front desk personnel very friendly. I was able to check-in early (noon instead of 3 pm). Room was clean and modern. Convenient mini-fridge with complementary bottles of water. They have free breakfast in the morning which I did not try. The key to staying here is location. I parked in their hotel garage ($20 per day) but it was well worth it. I could literally walk to every place I wanted to visit in town. Surprisingly it was a quiet sleep even though you're located right on High Street. I will definitely be staying here again for my annual trips to WC to visit friends and family.

Green Features: Awesome that they have recycling bins in every room and participate in the re-use your towel program.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Alex R
Lisa S, General Manager at Hotel Warner, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience. I am happy to hear that we were able to get you checked in early and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town visiting friends and family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Moorestown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Our 2nd time staying here. Very nice place. Very conveniently located to all the restaurants. In fact, this hotel had a discount card for many of the local restaurants. They will give you as many as you want ( you need 1 for every restaurant you go to). They also have really yummy popcorn in the lobby in the evenings.
I was disappointed that the pool was closed while we were there!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dana9880
Thank you for being a repeat guest and for writing a review. I am glad you had time to enjoy some of the excellent restaurants that West Chester has to offer within walking distance of the hotel – at a discount. We are looking forward to your next stay with us.
Exton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

No complaints here. Loved my stay at Hotel Warner and would recommend it to anyone. Convenient location with plenty of choices for great restaurants, entertainment, and shopping. The rooms were spacious and clean. I had no issues with heat/air or noise. The staff were all friendly and welcoming. The hotel is aesthetically appealing.

Green Features: Nice to see recycling bins in every room. I also noticed the solar panels on the roof from the parking garage. Hats off to Hotel Warner for the environmentally-friendly practices!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bianca R
Thank you for recommending the Hotel Warner. I am happy to hear that you noticed and appreciated the green practices the hotel has put in place including the recycling program and solar panels. Some less noticeable but equally important green initiatives include the geothermal heating of the public space and the Clean the World toiletry recycling program we participate in, which sanitizes and ships the unused portions of soaps and shampoos to people in need. We are looking forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Media, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

The only hotel downtown West Chester with a perfect location for exploring this cute and lively college town. Large, nicely decorated room. Comfortable bed. Did not hear any noise from other guests. BUT, I got little sleep because the heater in the room was so noisy. Continental breakfast was included, but selection was quite disappointing. Front desk friendly and efficient.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rikter
I am sorry that the heater in your room was loud and appreciate you for bringing it to our attention. We have completed some maintenance on the unit so no other guests will encounter the same issue. We hope to see you again soon.
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I began to search for pricing & reviews for this hotel on the internet. The hotel was in a perfect location for us. My son is a West Chester University student & has had several concerts & orchestral events in which we have previously attended. We had stayed in the Exton area previously (8-10 miles away) & decided with the impending winter storm forecasted & hour of the concert we wanted to stay closer to the university this time. I found different prices on some sites with basically all good reviews too. I decided to stop the pricing game & called the hotel for their best price. They stated they could not match the lowest price I found. They said to "grab" that price. So,I did. The reservation process through that web site went very smoothly.

Our check in process @ the hotel went smoothly also. I showed the e-mail from the booking web site & explained the web site had spelled our last name incorrectly & the friendly gals @ the service desk said no problem & fixed the spelling in their files. We stated to use the credit card info from the web site we had used to make our reservations for any possible incidentals incurred.

The room & bathroom was very clean, spacious, had nice décor & the bedding was comfortable. The heating unit did blow colder air @ times-as some reviews previously stated- no big deal for us though. Free continental breakfast was satisfying.

Now the but.....As we checked out "Tony" stated there were charges that were added to our bill. I did understand that there were taxes & also we did decide to use the hotel parking. When we were told the $ amt. it equaled the $ amt. for a night stay. It was $10.00 actually cheaper than what the other web site had ALREADY charged us for the night stay. We questioned as to why we were being billed again. Tony stated he needs to make sure we (the hotel) are paid because we did not receive the web site's payment yet. I booked this room on Saturday-the day before. Now the hotel itself actually charged the same bankcard for the night stay. We were being doubled billed & wanted to know why. Tony stated again he needed to make sure the hotel gets paid. We were confused & concerned. Tony stated when were receive our billing statement from our bankcard & if there were 2 charges for the night he then can ask his manager to refund us but he needed written proof. Fortunately the bankcard we used had a bank branch across the street & we went to see if were DOUBLED BILLED. We were. We were given a copy of the charges & went back to Tony with his proof. He stated he had to wait until 3pm when his manger came on duty before he can do anything. (it was 1200-noon) He did have Supervisor included on his name tag. He copied the e-mail from the web site I used. He then stated not to use the web site for booking reservations. Remember, I was told directly by the staff of the Hotel Warner to "grab" that lowest price on my web site I found because they could not match it. But that proved untrue when we checked out. We left with our proof & awaited a phone call. Our home was 80 miles away. I had to shortly return to the hotel because Tony did not copy the bank's statement of the double charges. I was very frustrated & concerned about a possible scam. We arrived home @ 3:45pm. No phone message from the hotel. We called the hotel & Sam a supervisor stated she was aware of "our situation". She stated she was on the night we checked in & did not remember seeing or e-mail from the web site for our paid reservation but everything will be taken care of. She did call about an hour later & stated we will be getting a refund.

NOW> I felt were we treated like criminal's. No apologies for the wasted time & frustration we went through. Tony was not rude but talked to us like we were uneducated people. He showed no concern. We did not receive proper customer service. He was concerned more about the hotel. Even with the written proof he offered no concern or apology for our "situation". It's a shame the stay was fantastic but it was not worth the hoop jumping we did..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank jak4302
Thank you for your comments. Excellence is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to constantly improve our hotel and to provide a memorable positive experience to our valued guests. Please accept my apologizes for the issues you faced at the hotel regarding your billing. Payment can get a bit complicated when dealing with a third party booking website but that is certainly not your issue to deal with. I have personally re-trained the front office staff regarding the third party website and how to handle these types of issues should they occur again. Again, I apologize for difficulties you faced with your billing. We hope you will give us another try the next time you find yourself in the West Chester area.
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

My hubby and I needed a getaway from the kids and our busy lives, so we planned a overnight getaway at Hotel Warner. We checked in a little after 3pm. We parked in the parking lot which is less than a half of a block away. Our parking was validated for what i thought was free but was actually $5.30 with tax which was much better than $20 to park in the hotel's parking lot. The room was amazing, very very clean and comfortable. Loved the king bed and shower. The staff was very friendly. The free breakfast spread was great as well, my only suggestion is that there was only 2% and skim milk, they should offer whole and soy milk. I had a toasted bagel but there was only strawberry cream cheese a male worker insisted on getting regular cream cheese for me and wouldn't take no for an answer (so helpful). My hubby had a waffle made on the waffle maker topped with strawberries. It was great to have a non stressful experience. We will make this a regular getaway from reality.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for making the Hotel Warner your regular getaway from reality. I am pleased to hear that you found the room amazing, clean and comfortable, the staff very friendly, and the breakfast great. We are looking forward to your next getaway.
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed here overnight due to a predicted ice storm that would have prevented me from getting to work in a nearby town. Sure enough, the storm took down power in most of the county, including to the hotel. Woke up in the dark expecting a bad morning, but found good emergency lighting guiding me to the stairs and, even more important, to their breakfast room where they had good, hot coffee and as much of a breakfast as they could manage without power. They handled the crisis well. Should also mention that there is covered parking both at and near the hotel, so I did NOT have to scrape ice off my car. And there are a number of good restaurants within walking distance -- when the town isn't shut down by ice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lisa S, General Manager at Hotel Warner, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Hotel Warner and for taking the time to share your experience. We strive to take care of our guests under all circumstances and I am happy to hear that we were successful under this difficult circumstance. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Chester
#6 of 7 in West Chester
BEST WESTERN Plus Concordville Hotel
Sheraton Great Valley Hotel
Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington

Been to Hotel Warner? Share your experiences!