“GREAT PLACE!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bradley Beach, New Jersey
“GREAT PLACE!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Hotel Warner is awesome. Free parking, they validate your parking pass, friendly staff, immaculate new rooms., free breakfast. Walk to everything in town. Only wish they had a frequent stay program! But, I stay there anyway because I LOVE IT! :)!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lisa S, General Manager at Hotel Warner, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
I am so happy to hear that you “love” the Hotel Warner. We are happy to be your home away from home and are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We were visiting friends in West Chester, so staying here meant we were within walking distance not only of them but restaurants and shops downtown. The rooms were generous, and the hotel arranged for us to have connecting rooms, which was great for a family of four. All the staff, whether front desk, food service, or housekeeping, were friendly and helpful.

The complementary breakfast was quite basic, but covered all the bases in terms of nutrition, and with choices of coffee. A little more fresh fruit on the menu would have been appreciated (but then we are Europeans visiting a land of donuts and waffles, so have come to expect this! ;)

I would heartily recommend the hotel, both for its comfort and its location.

Room Tip: If you're travelling as a family, ask for adjoining/connecting rooms. Unless they have someone s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and saying that you “would heartily recommend the hotel, both for its comfort and its location”. That is quite a compliment. I will pass your comments regarding the staff being friendly and helpful along to them. It is always nice to be able to share guests comments with them to remind them that their efforts do not go unnoticed. We hope to see you again soon.
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed December 31, 2013

When first checking in and noticing the manila folder behind the front desk with the words "CREDIT CARDS" hand-scrawled across the front, we should have been forewarned that a high level of professionalism and service would be lacking during our stay.

Immediately upon checking in and first entering our room, we noticed that the wall beside our bed had something red (either blood or some sort of sauce) splattered all over it. We called the front desk to report it. No apology. No offer to move us to a different room (although they did send someone to clean up the mess).

The "heater" in the room only blew cold air—an issue because our stay was during the middle of winter. We also reported this to the front desk, and we were advised to turn down the thermostat because if it was set too high it would only blow cold air. Our friends staying in a different room reported the same issue and were given a similar reply. We tried everything and eventually turned the unit off and bundled up when in our room.

Later, we stopped by the front desk to ask where we could buy a good bottle of wine (many restaurants in the area are BYOB). The man at the desk directed us across the street to a drug store. We walked over and the store was closed. When we returned to the store the next day, we learned that it did not even sell alcohol (only state-owned stores are authorized to sell it in PA).

Multiple members of the hotel staff had opportunities to provide excellent service yet failed time and time again. Very disappointing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Matthew D
Lisa S, General Manager at Hotel Warner, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for your comments. Excellence is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to constantly improve our hotel and to provide a memorable experience to our valued guests. Please accept my apologizes for the issues you faced at the hotel. Regarding the file folder marked credit cards please know that it is not used to file any actual credit card information. When guests depart in the morning we file the registration card, the paper you file upon arrival, in folders based upon your method of payment to be reconciled and double checked for accuracy during the night audit process. The computer system used at the front desk doesn’t print full credit card numbers on anything and the staff doesn’t have access to your entire credit card number either. Thank you for bring it to our attention that the labeling of the folder could be alarming, we have since changed it. I do see a record of your call to the front desk regarding the red substance on the wall and it says it was remedied within 10 minutes. An apology should have been offered by both the front desk agent and the housekeeper who cleaned it up for you. I also have a notation regarding the heater in your room. The staff on duty that night did attempt to correct the issue with no success and offered to move your room which you declined. At that point they provided you with extra blankets and a considerable discount to your room rate. I have no record of another issue with the heaters that weekend. I apologize for the miscommunication regarding where to purchase a bottle of wine. We offer small bottles of wine for sale in our lobby gift shop. A limited selection of local wine is available at Kreutz Creek Winery which is on Gay Street about a block from the hotel. It is in the same block as the Rite Aid drug store on the opposite side of the street. You are correct that for a more substantial selection of wine you would need to travel to a state liquor store. We believe that all guests deserve the best service at all times and I am sorry we didn’t accomplish that goal during your stay. We hope for an opportunity in the future to offer you a better experience with us.
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great downtown West Chester location, within walking distance to many restaurants, bars & shops. Parking under hotel is convenient.
Rooms are nice sized and always clean. My choice of hotels when in the area.

Green Features: Hotel is committed to recycling and water conservation
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JackiB0312
It sounds like you had a great visit and that you were able to experience some of what West Chester has to offer. We hope you will visit us again soon.
Oakland Township
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The credit card I used during my stay at the Warner was used the next day by someone to make purchases online that were shipped to the West Chester area. It was the only time I used my card during my trip to West Chester. When I called to report the issue the manager was unconcerned and noted that since the people at the registration desk had worked there for a number of years it was impossible that they would have used my card. All I'm saying is beware, the procedures in place may not protect your data and the management does not take the issue seriously.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Thomas S
Lisa S, General Manager at Hotel Warner, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
I am amazed that this review is allowed to stay on the Tripadvisor site when it is a clear violation of TripAdvisor policies. At any rate, this review is little more than an attempt to get money out of the hotel. I spoke with this guest via a telephone call. He told me that his debit card number was used fraudulently after his stay with the Hotel Warner. He told me that a metal detector was ordered online and shipped to an address in Folcroft, PA and he also gave me the phone number of the purchaser that his bank had given him. Folcroft, PA is a 45 minute drive from the hotel and I do not have any employees who live in that town or close to it. The phone number he provided was a Miami area code. I don't have any employees with that phone number or ties to the Miami area. During the discussion the guest advised me that he had already reported the fraudulent usage to his bank and they reversed the charge and issued him a new card number. They also told him there is no way to know exactly how or when his credit card number had been compromised. Despite this, the guest told me that he expected to be reimbursed from the hotel for the $700 that the metal detector cost (yes, he had already been reimbursed by his bank). He made it very clear that if he was not reimbursed for the "robbery" that he was going to write a negative review of the hotel. I continued to explain to the guest that the front desk system allows only the first and last four digits of the credit card numbers to be viewed and that if the front desk stole his credit card number they would have had to have done so while they physically had his credit card. I reviewed the security camera footage and watched his arrival. The credit card was swiped to be used for payment and immediately returned to the guest. The front desk didn't have time to memorize and didn't write down the card number. The staff member that checked the guest in has been with me for a while and I can't see her stealing a credit card number to use it fraudulently, and I know she has no interest in a metal detector. I explained to the guest the steps I had taken and that without further proof that an employee of the hotel stole the credit card information that I would be unable to offer any compensation. I further explained how my credit card number was used fraudulently in Ohio even though I had not traveled there in over 5 years. I even advised him that if he would like to pursue the issue further he could file a police report. He declined to file a police report. In my opinion guests should not be allowed to use Tripadvisor as a weapon to get money out of a hotel. Further, they should not be allowed to accuse the hotel of a crime without having any proof to substantiate that claim.
MI
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed a couple nights at Hotel Warner as it was close to a training class I was attending. The hotel was in great shape and very clean. We parked at a parking garage a very short walk away and our parking was validated by the hotel. The rooms were clean and well taken care of.

My favorite part was the location of the hotel which is downtown West Chester. There are plenty of places to eat and shop within walking distance. It is a nice town to visit.

My only complaint would be the breakfast, as the selection seemed small with cereal, waffles and a few bagels/toast/mini muffins.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank striking20
Lisa S, General Manager at Hotel Warner, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear the hotel was a convenient location for both attending your training class and enjoying all that West Chester has to offer. Thank you for noticing that the hotel is clean and well taken care of. The staff really takes pride in their jobs and will be happy to hear that their efforts are recognized. Regarding the breakfast, we are constantly improving the breakfast. I am not sure exactly when your stay with us but we have made some recent additions and changes to improve the quality and selection of the breakfast. First, we added strawberry topping and whipped cream to compliment the waffles, while keeping both the regular and sugar free syrup. Second, we decided to change our fresh fruit option seasonally to ensure the freshest produce possible. We are currently offering apples, oranges, and pears. Third, we have replaced the instant oatmeal packets with homemade oatmeal with a variety of topping including walnuts, craisins, and brown sugar. Fourth, we have expanded our yogurt offerings to include regular, fat free, and Greek varieties. Fifth, we have expanded our coffee offerings which now include regular, decaffeinated, bold, and a seasonal flavor which happens to be pumpkin spice right now. While we have made a number of upgrades we continue to offer guests favorites which include: white and wheat bread; plain, blueberry and cinnamon raisin bagels; regular and strawberry cream cheese; a variety of miniature muffins and Danish; a variety of cold cereals; hard boiled eggs with a variety of condiments available to customize them including salt and pepper, mustard, and mayonnaise; 2% and skim milk, a variety of teas including regular, decaffeinated, and flavored black and green teas; and last but not least apple and orange juice. We hope to see you the next time works brings you to the area for training.
Sunset Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Warner for the weekend for a family birthday celebration.
The hotel is located in the center of the borough. This location is great. You are able to walk to the restaurants (which are many) and the shops which are interesting. Staying in the center of town brought back memories of growing up in a small town where you could walk just about anywhere.
The hotel itself was nice. The room was well appointed; the bed was comfortable. It was quiet. The bathroom was large and clean. The staff was accommodating. The breakfast was nice. Enjoyed the waffle.

Enjoyed our stay.,

Room Tip: Ask for a room on floor 4 - the top floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary A
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am thrilled that you found the hotel well-appointed and quiet, with comfortable beds and large clean bathrooms. I will share your comments about the staff being accommodating with them. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast, especially the waffle. We recently added the strawberry topping and whipped cream to compliment the waffles; I hope you had the chance to enjoy them. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Chester
Brandywine River Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chadds Ford
Sheraton Great Valley Hotel
Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington

Been to Hotel Warner? Share your experiences!