Hotel Warner
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites(West Chester)
Sentinel Motel(West Chester)
Brinton Hotel(West Chester)
View Hotel
Brandywine River Hotel(Chadds Ford)
View Hotel
All reviewswithin walking distancemovie theaterheart of downtownthe hotel offerspopcorn machineparking garagenice hotelhotel is locatedparking is limiteddiscount cardlocal restaurantsper nightcorner roomlocation is excellentfree breakfastroom was largewould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Warner for the weekend for a family birthday celebration.
The hotel is located in the center of the borough. This location is great. You are able to walk to the restaurants (which are many) and the shops which are interesting. Staying in the center of town brought back memories of growing up in a small town where you could walk just about anywhere.
The hotel itself was nice. The room was well appointed; the bed was comfortable. It was quiet. The bathroom was large and clean. The staff was accommodating. The breakfast was nice. Enjoyed the waffle.

Enjoyed our stay.,

Room Tip: Ask for a room on floor 4 - the top floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary A
Lisa S, General Manager at Hotel Warner, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am thrilled that you found the hotel well-appointed and quiet, with comfortable beds and large clean bathrooms. I will share your comments about the staff being accommodating with them. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast, especially the waffle. We recently added the strawberry topping and whipped cream to compliment the waffles; I hope you had the chance to enjoy them. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Third time at this hotel..can't help but review it again because the place is flawless. Staff is helpful and attentive as much as any Ritz Carlton..really!! Flexible, helpful. Rooms are good size, quiet, lots of light and great shades for dark. Worth every penny. Makes a weekend away really great.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank EBA129

Thank you for making the Hotel Warner a regular part of your travel plans. It is so nice to have repeat guests that we can get to know. Thank you for describing the hotel as flawless – that is the ultimate compliment. We are looking forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed here one night for a friends' wedding. We are local but wanted to stay so we wouldn't have to drive after some adult beverages. They staff was friendly and accommodating. We needed to check in early because of the timing of the wedding and we were able to do so without a problem. The room was clean, offered complimentary bottled water, coffee, in room refrigerator and safe all with no additional charges.... We really appreciated the water and coffee. It's also nice that the check out time is noon, given the late night it was nice to not have to rush in the morning. Location is great we were able to walk to everything in town. Awesome!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily M

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your kind comments regarding the staff and hotel amenities. Thank you for acknowledging that you were able to check in early. The staff works extremely hard to make sure rooms are ready for arrival as early as possible and they will be thrilled to hear that it made a difference for your stay. We hope you decide to stay with us again soon for a staycation!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We used this hotel for our wedding block, and from the first interaction we should have known how horrible it was going be. The front desk was not at all helpful with how to set up a block or what the requirements would be. They gave us a card and told us to call into the hotel when we got home that day.

We finally get everything set up and they will not book any rooms without a signed contract (this is an industry wide thing, but the contract did not require us to do anything--no minimum guest count or anyting-- and we did not know we had to sign it and send it back in because the sales manager failed to tell us that. Since there was no actual line to sign, we thought it was a list of what we could expect). A week after we did send it back in, my sister tried to make a reservation but was unable to because they hadn't opened their mail and didn't know that they had the contract in hand, and had for multiple days prior to this.

We had one couple that accidentally double booked their room (two different parties had been calling in because the block had been screwed up). When we received a list of names of people staying we noticed the error and I tried to correct it. After 4 separate requests they confirmed the double booking was fixed. But when we received a copy of the guest staying a week before the wedding (so we could make an accurate number of welcome bags) we noticed that the name's spelling had just been changed slightly, but not cancelled.

When I went to drop off the welcome bags, three people at the desk were helping one woman check in. I'm not sure if it was because she was absolutely stunning or because they did not feel like working, but they all ignored me for a solid 5 minutes (she did not appear to have any complications with her check in that required any extra help).

Finally one of them turned me to and asked what I needed, I was there with the box of welcome bags now at my feet because I was tired of holding them. So I explained what they were, and the front desk guy turned his body to show me a number of bags were already there for another bride. He told me that they didn't have any room for more bags but he guessed they'd have to find room somewhere. (Just in case you're wondering, I did clear them with the sales manager at the beginning and again the night before)

As I went to get the second group, I could hear him complaining about me to the other desk workers and sighing loudly. To top it off, I received and email 3 days after the wedding that there were extra bags and when did I want to come pick them up? We had made an exact number. I knew they were not handing them out because I checked with my aunt, she didn't receive one and when she went back and asked for it, they gave her a hard time.

It seems trivial to complain about welcome bags, but we do not live locally, i took the time to make them and drove two hours each way to drop them off. Plus we had included a lot of information in them. Such as, when the shuttle would be leaving for the ceremony, information about going out after the wedding in town, where and when we were going for breakfast (as a side note, if you're unfamiliar with WC, you should check out Penn's Table for breakfast).

Lastly, when I was complaining to my maid of honor, she mentioned that she had held the room with one card, but when she arrived she asked them to charge a different one. But they were unable to complete even that task.

Everything we did with this hotel took several calls followed up with multiple emails and every thing went days without response. Dealing with this hotel was the single most stressful part of putting together our wedding. We will never be returning there and advise everyone to check out the the other hotels at the opposite end of town. There are several in a 15 min radius of The Hotel Warner.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Meg M
Lisa S, General Manager at Hotel Warner, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

I have taken the time to review your group file where we keep copies of all of the correspondence related to your wedding block and can understand a little of why you are frustrated. I assure you this is not normal for us. We even received a trip advisor review in July with the title “perfect location for our wedding” which complimented the hotel on the service received throughout the process.

I would be happy to discuss the challenges you encountered further. Please either call (610-692-6920) or email (gm@hotelwarner.com) me directly if you would like to do so.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Kudos to the management of this new hotel. It was a flawless experience! As good as any Marriott...clean, spacious, well-designed, convenient, friendly and professional staff. Great beds, nice new bathrooms, smelled fresh, big windows. Going back in a month! My new favorite place.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are pretty similar to each other.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EBA129
Lisa S, General Manager at Hotel Warner, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for your positive remarks regarding our hotel. We are pleased that you found hotel to be “as perfect as a hotel can be”. I am thrilled that your experience was flawless and found the hotel to be clean, spacious, well-deigned and convenient with great beds and nice bathrooms. I am glad you found the staff to be professional and friendly and we are looking forward to seeing you again in about a month.