“Consistently a perfect stay.”
Review of Hotel Warner

Hotel Warner
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in West Chester
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Consistently a perfect stay.”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Third time at this hotel..can't help but review it again because the place is flawless. Staff is helpful and attentive as much as any Ritz Carlton..really!! Flexible, helpful. Rooms are good size, quiet, lots of light and great shades for dark. Worth every penny. Makes a weekend away really great.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank EBA129
Lisa S, General Manager at Hotel Warner, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for making the Hotel Warner a regular part of your travel plans. It is so nice to have repeat guests that we can get to know. Thank you for describing the hotel as flawless – that is the ultimate compliment. We are looking forward to your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night for a friends' wedding. We are local but wanted to stay so we wouldn't have to drive after some adult beverages. They staff was friendly and accommodating. We needed to check in early because of the timing of the wedding and we were able to do so without a problem. The room was clean, offered complimentary bottled water, coffee, in room refrigerator and safe all with no additional charges.... We really appreciated the water and coffee. It's also nice that the check out time is noon, given the late night it was nice to not have to rush in the morning. Location is great we were able to walk to everything in town. Awesome!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emily M
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your kind comments regarding the staff and hotel amenities. Thank you for acknowledging that you were able to check in early. The staff works extremely hard to make sure rooms are ready for arrival as early as possible and they will be thrilled to hear that it made a difference for your stay. We hope you decide to stay with us again soon for a staycation!
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We used this hotel for our wedding block, and from the first interaction we should have known how horrible it was going be. The front desk was not at all helpful with how to set up a block or what the requirements would be. They gave us a card and told us to call into the hotel when we got home that day.

We finally get everything set up and they will not book any rooms without a signed contract (this is an industry wide thing, but the contract did not require us to do anything--no minimum guest count or anyting-- and we did not know we had to sign it and send it back in because the sales manager failed to tell us that. Since there was no actual line to sign, we thought it was a list of what we could expect). A week after we did send it back in, my sister tried to make a reservation but was unable to because they hadn't opened their mail and didn't know that they had the contract in hand, and had for multiple days prior to this.

We had one couple that accidentally double booked their room (two different parties had been calling in because the block had been screwed up). When we received a list of names of people staying we noticed the error and I tried to correct it. After 4 separate requests they confirmed the double booking was fixed. But when we received a copy of the guest staying a week before the wedding (so we could make an accurate number of welcome bags) we noticed that the name's spelling had just been changed slightly, but not cancelled.

When I went to drop off the welcome bags, three people at the desk were helping one woman check in. I'm not sure if it was because she was absolutely stunning or because they did not feel like working, but they all ignored me for a solid 5 minutes (she did not appear to have any complications with her check in that required any extra help).

Finally one of them turned me to and asked what I needed, I was there with the box of welcome bags now at my feet because I was tired of holding them. So I explained what they were, and the front desk guy turned his body to show me a number of bags were already there for another bride. He told me that they didn't have any room for more bags but he guessed they'd have to find room somewhere. (Just in case you're wondering, I did clear them with the sales manager at the beginning and again the night before)

As I went to get the second group, I could hear him complaining about me to the other desk workers and sighing loudly. To top it off, I received and email 3 days after the wedding that there were extra bags and when did I want to come pick them up? We had made an exact number. I knew they were not handing them out because I checked with my aunt, she didn't receive one and when she went back and asked for it, they gave her a hard time.

It seems trivial to complain about welcome bags, but we do not live locally, i took the time to make them and drove two hours each way to drop them off. Plus we had included a lot of information in them. Such as, when the shuttle would be leaving for the ceremony, information about going out after the wedding in town, where and when we were going for breakfast (as a side note, if you're unfamiliar with WC, you should check out Penn's Table for breakfast).

Lastly, when I was complaining to my maid of honor, she mentioned that she had held the room with one card, but when she arrived she asked them to charge a different one. But they were unable to complete even that task.

Everything we did with this hotel took several calls followed up with multiple emails and every thing went days without response. Dealing with this hotel was the single most stressful part of putting together our wedding. We will never be returning there and advise everyone to check out the the other hotels at the opposite end of town. There are several in a 15 min radius of The Hotel Warner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Meg M
Lisa S, General Manager at Hotel Warner, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
I have taken the time to review your group file where we keep copies of all of the correspondence related to your wedding block and can understand a little of why you are frustrated. I assure you this is not normal for us. We even received a trip advisor review in July with the title “perfect location for our wedding” which complimented the hotel on the service received throughout the process.

I would be happy to discuss the challenges you encountered further. Please either call (610-692-6920) or email (gm@hotelwarner.com) me directly if you would like to do so.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Kudos to the management of this new hotel. It was a flawless experience! As good as any Marriott...clean, spacious, well-designed, convenient, friendly and professional staff. Great beds, nice new bathrooms, smelled fresh, big windows. Going back in a month! My new favorite place.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are pretty similar to each other.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EBA129
Lisa S, General Manager at Hotel Warner, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your positive remarks regarding our hotel. We are pleased that you found hotel to be “as perfect as a hotel can be”. I am thrilled that your experience was flawless and found the hotel to be clean, spacious, well-deigned and convenient with great beds and nice bathrooms. I am glad you found the staff to be professional and friendly and we are looking forward to seeing you again in about a month.
Orlando, Fl
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Parking -$20 but free if you park in big lot across the street. Charming little city. Decent breakfast. Front staff excellent. Bedding extremely comfortable.
I would stay again, the location is great.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank OrlandoMomlovesbeach
Thank you for your positive response to your recent stay at our hotel. We greatly value your thoughts and opinions and always appreciate it when one takes the time to put 'pen to paper' (or fingers to keyboard in this instance) to give an honest assessment. Thank you for choosing the Hotel Warner for your recent stay and we hope you will come visit us again.
Bayside, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here on a trip to the Brandywine River Museum. Great location, walk to many fine eating establishments. Rooms were nicely appointed, beds comfortable with 4 pillows each. The bathroom was spotless, something I am very picky about, all new tile and not one bit of mold. The staff was helpful in finding places to eat with discounts. Parking half a block away with no charge. The room was on the 1st floor and quiet even though it was so low. Breakfast was very good, fresh waffles fruit and toast, cereal, bagels and juice and coffee or tea. All in all a very nice place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 563Alice
Lisa S, General Manager at Hotel Warner, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hotel Warner for your recent trip to the Brandywine River Museum. I am glad to hear that you found the location convenient and were able to take advantage of some of what the area has to offer. Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotels cleanliness and breakfast. We hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Hotel Warner opened one year ago in the former movie theater in downtown West Chester. The welcome from the desk clerk was friendly and efficient, the room was large and well appointed and parking in a nearby municipal garage was convenient and free. West Chester apparently has an arrangement with the downtown businesses to support free parking in order to encourage visits and shopping in the downtown. The Hotel Warner is within walking distance of a number of interesting and good restaurants. As West Chester is a college town, there are numerous young people around and about, which makes for a refreshing experience. The Hotel was a perfect and pleasant spot to spend an evening and day in West Chester, Pennsylvania.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leoedward1946
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I appreciate the positive remarks regarding the friendly and efficient staff, the size of the room, and the convenient free parking option. It sounds like you had the opportunity to experience what some of the town has to offer. We hope you come back to visit us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Chester
Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square
Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square
#1 of 2 in Kennett Square
Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington

Been to Hotel Warner? Share your experiences!