“From London UK to West Chester PA” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Warner
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in West Chester
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“From London UK to West Chester PA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I visited West Chester PA in October/ November in 2012. I stayed in Hotel Warner and i thought it was a really friendly, charming and comfortable hotel. The staff from the front desk to the cleaners were very helpful and polite towards me. I'm planning on visiting again in September 2013 and I would not hesitate to book at Hotel Warner again when I return to West Chester! :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Helen1977890
Lisa S, General Manager at Hotel Warner, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am thrilled that you found the hotel to be friendly, charming and comfortable. I will be sure to share your comments about the staff being polite and helpful with the team. We are looking forward to seeing you again in September.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a great little hotel in a fantastic location. The rooms are really well thought out and are exceptionally clean, with all the mod cons you might need. The warm air heaters in the rooms are a bit annoying turning on/off all the time and the 4am street cleaners/garbage trucks are regular visitors but that is it. The Staff are brilliant – very knowledgeable about the area and they offer great advice on where to eat/visit. I really like this hotel and will make it a regular stop (Twice already – same experience both times) when I am in the US. If you are looking for a nice place to eat or hang out then the Iron Hill is just around the corner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BR0wNTr0UT
Lisa S, General Manager at Hotel Warner, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your positive remarks regarding our hotel. We are pleased that you found hotel to be in a fantastic location with guestrooms that are well thought out and exceptionally clean with all the modern conveniences. We also appreciate the comments regarding the brilliant, knowledgeable staff and I will be certain to pass your compliment along to them.

I am happy to hear that the Hotel Warner is now your hotel of choice when visiting West Chester and we are looking forward to your next stay with us.
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this new hotel for two nights over the Christmas holiday. We both travel extensively and found this hotel to be one of the cleanest we've ever stayed at. The room had good ammenities. There is free internet access, free continental breakfast, a refrigerator, plenty of electrical outlets and lovely furniture. The hotel is located in the heart of West Chester, close to restaurants and shops.

There were a few downsides. The room heating system was very loud and the bathroom didn't seem to be heated at all. There was no bathtub in our room; just a shower. The breakfast service over the weekend was under staffed with little to no service. The breakfasat service on the weekday was much better.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub, be sure to ask for it when you make your reservation.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lisa S, General Manager at Hotel Warner, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend your holiday with us. I am happy to hear that you found the room to be one of the cleanest you have ever stayed at. That is a huge compliment that I will be sure to share with our Housekeeping Team. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the many amenities offered by the hotel including complimentary internet access, complimentary continental breakfast, in room refrigerators, lovely furniture and plenty of electrical outlets.

I apologize for the downsides you experienced during your stay. We do have some rooms with showers and some rooms with tubs so we can accommodate all travelers’ preferences. If you have a preference and let us know when you make your reservation we will be happy to accommodate your request for a room with a bathtub. We did have a new breakfast attendant working over the weekend and are working with her to improve and refine her service and efficiency.

Thank you again for choosing the Hotel Warner. It is guests like you who let us know when we fall short of your expectations who allow us to continually refine both our product and service offerings. We hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Having grown up in the borough of West Chester, I appreciate the Warner's location and historical preservation of the old Warner theatre. My family still lives in the borough so when I flew home for the holidays, the Warner offered the best location, within walking distance, of my family's home and of all of the town's stores and shops. The free parking a block away is ideal, especially considering parking is at a premium in West Chester these days. Loved our room - a corner room with beautiful views and lots of natural light. Room was pristine. Would have liked to have housekeeping not come super early nor super late (1pm?) in the day, though this could have been because of Christmas week. One treadmill & 1 stationary bike is the extent of the gym, adjacent to the wading pool. As an athlete, I can say that while this is very no-frills, I envision there maybe being a higher demand for the equipment if more than one person in the hotel wants to run or bike. Also, the temperature in the workout room was way too warm. My only other gripe would be the kitchenette lady - at 9:20am, she had completely taken down the waffle machine and told us that we had to get there earlier if we wanted waffles because "that's the hardest thing to clean." If breakfast is supposed to be until 10am, that should include ALL breakfast. The tv was turned off, The coffee was also empty. There were no bananas left, yet everyone else in the breakfast room had about 2 bananas each. At exactly 10:00am, she loudly exclaimed, "We're closed now! You have to leave" to everyone in the room still eating their breakfast. All in all, these are minor gripes for an overall awesome experience in a hotel with prime real estate.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Hotel Warner for your recent trip home. I am thrilled that you found our location to be the best suited one for your trip; allowing you easy access to parking, your family’s home, and the many shops and restaurants the borough has to offer.

The hotels gym is basic but does offer a stationary bike, treadmill, and adjustable hand held weights. We also sell day use passes at the front desk that can be used at the YMCA in town, a block away, or at the airport road location for guests who desire more extensive equipment.

I apologize for the challenges you experienced with the breakfast. We offer breakfast service from 6am-10am 7 days a week. The breakfast attendant is trained to let everyone who is in the room at 10am know that she is going to start cleaning up the breakfast and allow them an opportunity to get any last minute items they desire. I will share your feedback with her.

Thank you again for choosing the Hotel Warner. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and hope to see you again during your next visit home.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Warner on a Saturday night over the Christmas holiday. We were very pleased by the condition of the room -- it was so clean we wondered if we were the first guests to ever stay there. The room was large and well appointed and the bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. The front desk staff was friendly and solicitous. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it for anyone wanting to stay overnight in downtown West Chester.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lisa S, General Manager at Hotel Warner, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for choosing to spend your holiday weekend with us. I am happy to hear that you found the room to be clean, large and well-appointed with a comfortable bed complete with lots of pillows. I am also pleased you found the front desk staff friendly. Thank for your taking the time to write a review and recommend the Hotel Warner to other travelers. We are looking forward to your next stay with us.
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have had to make a few business trips to West Chester per year for the last 5 years. I never look forward to it because hotel options have always been limited to the low end chains that I feel I need to bring my own linens to.
Finally last week, I was able to stay right in West Chester at the Warner. Very clean and comfortable. Certainly no 5 star accommodations but a nice hotel just the same. Staff was friendly and helpful. Especially the woman taking care of the continental breakfast. Not a great breakfast, but it did not look like left overs from the soup kitchen like some of the other places I stayed at in the area. This hotel is also right in the center of West Chester whereas the other choices are all about a 10 minute drive away.
I will not stay anywhere else now while in West Chester.

Room Tip: Ask for an even room number
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank J0hn01
Lisa S, General Manager at Hotel Warner, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
I am delighted that we are now your hotel of choice while visiting West Chester for business; and that you no longer have to travel with your own clean linen! Thank you for sharing your opinion of the hotel being clean and comfortable, and the staff being friendly and helpful. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to West Chester.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

We live close by but wanted to have a mini getaway and instead of going into Philadelphia we decided to see what the Hotel Warner was all about. This is the old Warner Movie Theatre and they did a great job turning it into a beautiful hotel. The woman at the front desk was very nice, they have a small indoor pool and workout room. We stayed on the 4th floor and our room was clean and modern. There was complimentary water in the refrigerator and food that you can buy in the lobby. We called with problems with the TV remote and someone was at our door in less then 3 minutes! The best part of this hotel is the location. We walked to Kooma for dinner, then stopped by Iron Hill which is just steps from the hotel. The is a great hotel for parents who are visiting their kids at WCU or if you have out of town guests whom you want to get the quaint/small town experience of West Chester, PA.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on 4th floor and could not hear anything outside. Great night sleep!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeannebill
Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel and your mini getaway to West Chester. I am happy that you found the hotel beautiful, the staff very nice, and the room clean and modern. The hotels downtown location certainly makes it convenient for a getaway and I am happy that you were able to take advantage of that and experience Kooma and Iron Hill during your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Chester
#6 of 7 in West Chester
BEST WESTERN Plus Concordville Hotel
Sheraton Great Valley Hotel
Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington

Been to Hotel Warner? Share your experiences!