“what a surprise find!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Lovely quaint restaurant in the countryside. Near local hotels and highways. Easy to find. Indoor and outdoor seating. Menu was great. First time at this restaurant, went early no reservations. But would have reservation in future. Staff took good care of us. Food was well prepared.
Will visit again!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

If you are looking for a great eating experience, Come to the Blue Pear. The food is so scrumptious and the service is superior. It is a wonderful place for dinner.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

A favorite for the locals, part of the Dilworthtown Inn complex. Good food, good wine selection, good service. Price a little heavy given the food but not bad.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We loved the cozy, friendly bar area and found the food to be very, very tasty!
We shared the calamari which was very tender, served in a sweet, spicy sauce - very yummy! I had delicious tuna tartar and my date had short ribs and grits. Both were the best we've ever had!
We will definitely go back again soon!

Reviewed May 21, 2014

If you're looking for a slightly less formal option to the neighboring sister restaurant, the Dilworthtown Inn (well worth it on it's own when the budget allows), the Blue Pear Bistro offers a very affordable and delicious wine list, along with great small and medium plate dining.

Our only mistake was ordering wines by the glass, disappointingly at room temp, before realizing the bottles were so well priced. The list was very small, but offered a great variety of reds, none more than $44, and all but one $30 or less, for bottles I'd guess would sell for $18-$25 in stores.Not the worst markup by any means. Had the bottled wine been stored and served @ a better temp, I probably would have thought our wine was being sold under list price. 10 degrees would have made a nice difference, but even still, the wine was great.

Our meals were outstanding, the tuna tartare was a perfect mix of soy and avacado to complement but not overpower the delicate fish. And my wife's grilled romaine Caeser was one of the best salads either of us have ever had (rivaling the tableside version next door).

I'm not a fan of skin-on fish entrees, personally, which I know to some is like ordering a nice steak anything over med-rare. I should have asked when ordering the Red Snapper special, but that's my mistake, and yet once i removed, was still one of the best fish dishes I've had in some time, with spinach infused Isreali cous-couse, and a red pepper aoli. The confit black potatoes were not my cup of tea, and our server couldn't explain or name the 2nd sauce, but the Snapper and cous-cous were terrific. My wife opted for the fresh summer-y Fettucini, and it didn't disappoint. House made pasta was silky smooth, with a great variety of summer veggies and a light cheese, garlic and wine sauce. If you're having a pasta dish in spring-/summer-time, this is how it should be.

We passed on desserts, and regretted as we listened to surrounding tables "ooh and ahhh" about theirs.

Overall, excellent meal. I had a feeling when our server quickly decided for us (?) that we were ready to order, we'd be railroaded through a fast-paced dinner to turn over the table, but that was far from the case - a well-paced 1:40 min. meal was the perfect escape from the craziness and mayhem of our normal family dinners. The plates were expensive - app/salads were $14-$18, and entrees were in the mid-20's (my special snuck in unexpectedly @ $33!!). But the affordable, small and, I thought, well-picked wine list kept the bill in range. Any complaints above were minor and were not enough to make a sour dent in our night by any means.