“SUSHI”

Good for: Families with children
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
“SUSHI”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The best Sushi and Asian meal I have had in years. Service is great and easy parking. Also, take out is fast and great. BYOB

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Bill M

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Neighborhood Place”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We come to this restaurant fairly often because it's very close to where we live, and it's never been unacceptable. Along with its strengths, it also has its issues. The long suit here is the efficiency and very pleasant nature of the wait staff. Adjectives that come to mind when describing the wait staff are polite, productive, pleasant, and warm. This is a very comfortable place where you can relax unrushed and enjoy the company at the table. The short suit is the inconsistency of the food. We have had meals that ranged from the spectacular to the cavalier. My guess is that the inconsistency stems from a lack of coordination between the various cooks on duty. The variability is most notable in the degree of spiciness in the food. I'm a fan of spicy food, so I'm generally ordering the food on the menu with the red asterisk. The degree of heat has ranged from zero to screeching hot. We've also noticed that sometimes the food is delicately delicious, and other times it's a bit heavy and bogged down so to speak. Our last visit was pretty good. The hot and sour soup was really good, the steamed dumplings were a little doughy but fairly good, and my spouses won ton soup was so good it left her wishing for more. She also had the ribs for dinner which she said were better than average. I had the Shanghai shrimp. The shrimp were good, but the sauce was not nearly spicy enough and frankly, it was a little bitter. I've had this dish here before when it was terrific. Go figure. We wish the food was more consistent.

• Visited July 2013
Frenchtown, New Jersey
“Mastered Mixed Asian Cuisine”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

As mentioned by previous reviewers, Oriental Pearl is conveniently located near an upscale retirement community. I often have lunch or dinner here with my parents. The menu offers Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese and Thai food. Normally when a chef attempts mixed ethnic cuisines, the food items beyond their own culture fall short. This is not the case with Oriental Pearl. My father loves the Chinese dishes and I normally order sushi. The chef prepares all ethnic dishes well enough for each person to select their preferred cultural fare. This is a great place to go when everyone wants something different. My parents also appreciate the discount they receive as members of the retirement community.

• Visited July 2013
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Very good service, great for seniors.”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Typical Asian fare moderately priced for a large nearby senior community. While generous in quantity, menu items are very usual, probably to keep price structure in line. No pretense as to quality which is very average. If one is treating grandma and grandpa this is the place to go.

• Visited June 2013
Malvern, Pennsylvania
“Good food, excellent service, go-to spot”
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I have been a steady customer since Oriental Pearl opened. The food is delicious and the service is first-rate, whether one eats in or picks up takeout. I have never been disappointed by any menu item. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited May 2013