“Poor Service and Average Meal”
Review of Nonna's - CLOSED

Nonna's
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Walnut & Matlack
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Had a 7:00 pm reservation and seated promptly. Server brought our drink orders then disappeared. Returned when our glasses were empty for our dinner selections. Bottle of wine and fresh bread delivered to table. Our appetizers were finally served at 8:10 pm. Ordered the Roasted Long Hots stuffed with provolone and covered in roaster peppers and prociutto. Plate came with no prociutto. Over an hour to have something on the table is unacceptable even without the kitchen error. I ordered the Linguini Nonna which included varied shellfish, totally unremarkable. Did I mention we had to flag down the server for more bread and again for parmesan cheese for our meals. Nothing about this place is distinguishing. The valet service is convenient and very fairly priced.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had a family birthday party celebration at Nonna's Restauant. Nonna's is a family run restaurant in the heart of downtown West Chester with delicious homemade Italian food. The birthday celebration was set up in the wine cellar room which was charming. Marisa, the grand daughter of Nonna, worked with us to set up the dinner. Jessica was our waitress (for a party of 22 people). She was great - very organized, very fast getting the drinks and food to the people in a timely manner, very efficient and very nice.
The food was delicious. I had the veal saltimbocca and several people attending the party had the gnocchi dish. Everyone liked what they had. We definitely would go back to this restaurant when we are back in the area. We appreciated Marisa's help in the organization for the party.
They also had music(a combo - on Saturday nights) although we only stayed for a few songs since the birthday party started at 5.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a real Italian entrepreneur restaurant. The food is great ! I ordered the chicken Marsala - terrific. The other entrees at my table were great also. It was a busy Saturday night, but the kitchen is not slow. This is not a chain restaurant , so the Chef is actually preparing and cooking the entree. Do not listen to the misguided reviews claiming the kitchen is slow. Relax . Order some wine. The wine list is great - mostly Italian . Wonderful , romantic, a bit loud, but definitely wonderful. Service is very attentive .

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I lunch regularly with retired coworkers...and for food quality , this was about on top,,not just for me but all 20 os who has a variety of menu items...portions must have been good sized as I remember having the server fix my soup to take home as I was full...and thinking at the time that it may well have been the best soup I'd ever had
The negative is parking ..some found on street parking and went out to feed the meter before we were done..There is a parking garage about a block away..which I thought too pricey...about 8.00

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We enjoyed an outdoor meal at this locally owned establishment. The food was wonderful- appetizers, main course (big enough to share) and dessert (with drinks of course!). The portions were more than enough. Highly recommmended!