“Very nice Italian restaurant”
Review of Nonna's - CLOSED

Nonna's
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Walnut & Matlack
Exton, Pennsylvania
“Very nice Italian restaurant”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I lunch regularly with retired coworkers...and for food quality , this was about on top,,not just for me but all 20 os who has a variety of menu items...portions must have been good sized as I remember having the server fix my soup to take home as I was full...and thinking at the time that it may well have been the best soup I'd ever had
The negative is parking ..some found on street parking and went out to feed the meter before we were done..There is a parking garage about a block away..which I thought too pricey...about 8.00

• Visited September 2013

Shanghai, China
“Great locally owned eats!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We enjoyed an outdoor meal at this locally owned establishment. The food was wonderful- appetizers, main course (big enough to share) and dessert (with drinks of course!). The portions were more than enough. Highly recommmended!

• Visited June 2013
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“The Food just isn't good”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

And the kitchen is very slow. We tried Nonna's on a Sunday night when the place was not busy at all. We ordered an appetizer, a Caesar salad and two dinners. The seafood appetizer was good but a very small portion. The Caesar salad was down right awful. Completely flavorless- old lettuce with a couple of croutons and no cheese. We asked the server to take it off the bill. Our dinners were OK, but nothing good to say about them. My Sea bass was covered in tomatoes and sauce that totally masked the flavor of the fish, like they were trying to hide something! The table across from us ordered the Sea bass as well and both dishes were sent back to the kitchen. Three dishes sent back to the kitchen in 30 minutes is NOT a good sign. The service is not good either. Seems our waitress was serving tables in another room and was out of sight most of the time. There are much better places for the money.

• Visited July 2013
“Totally awful experience”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

On my first visit to nonnas I was bitterly disappointed by the poor quality of the food. When we were served a basket of bread it was a foreshadowing of the awful meal to follow. The bread tasted as if it was one or two days old and that was followed by the blandest salad I have ever tasted. The main course of chicken parmagina with pasta was almost inedible and totally unacceptable for a place that charges as much as nonnas. I thought about complaining but our server was very nice and I did not want to take out my frustration on her. I do not want to hurt anybody's business but go around the block to Limocello's for an Italian meal.

• Visited July 2013
Leesburg, VA
“Great food, awful service”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Walked in on a Sunday evening, the place was half-filled with a nice atmosphere. Seated by the host at a table for two, and greeted by a waitress for drinks. We asked about the drink specials during the happy hour, as stated in the menu. Were told HH was for the bar area only, so we asked for a few mins to figure out our drinks. That was the last we saw of her for 45 mins. A second waiter came by with fresh toasted bread (which was good), and who took our drink order. After about 10 mins, the drinks were delivered by someone i assume was the bartender, who then took our appetizer and dinner order. The host brought out our app in fairly short order, as well as our main course. The eggplant parm and handmade gnocchi were delicious...but no one came back to check on us, empty wine-glasses and all. The check was delivered to us by the initial waitress, who cleared our plates as well.

In my observation, we were the only ones who got this 'team' service approach, which led to a disappointing experience thanks to no real attention from anyone.

The food was worthy of a higher rating, but the overall experience left us with a bad taste.

• Visited May 2013