“Great Indian and Thai BYOB”
Review of Spice Indian Thai Bistro - CLOSED

Spice Indian Thai Bistro
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Great Indian and Thai BYOB”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My wife and I have been eating at Spice about once per month for the past two years. The food is consistently great, you can always get s table, and it is a real bargain!

1 Thank Matt T

outside phila
“Very fresh tasty Indian food in the borough”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This review is for the West Chester location. I love this place. The lunch buffet food is always fresh, tasty and has a good selection. I've had dinner there several times and have always enjoyed that too. My husband wasn't a big fan of Indian food but this place converted him. The owner is always friendly and remembers us. It's a shame more people don't know about this gem; it's usually pretty empty :( Go try it and tell a friend.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank fakevirgo
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Great Indian food in West Chester”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We chose the Market Street location as it's central for parking and had been recommended by friends. The restaurant is a reasonable size and the staff were very friendly. The atmosphere was great, with a nice low level buzz of happy conversation from all the tables. The Indian food was very good - we had bhajis to start with which were crisp and not a shred of oil on them - very nice. Pappadums with the chutneys and raitha were good and the chicken biryani, saag aloo and lamb curry were tasty with the right amount of spiced flavor to be expected. We finished with a mango kulfi, beautifully served in a sliced orange, rather than a simple orange half.
I recommend this place for the Indian dishes for sure; we didn't try the Thai menu on this visit. The restaurant is a BYOB, which were glad to know ahead of time as we could bring our favorite beers along.
The only reason I drop it a star is because the service was slow. I am assuming it was because we were there at peak time - 7pm on Saturday - but nevertheless it did affect the evening as West Chester parking meters are watched very closely at night and we'd only put 1.75 hours in the meter.
So, overall a very good experience, but be prepared for a leisurely pace of service at busy times.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank uktravailer
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of my favorites!”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I frequently visit both restaurant locations, West Chester & Edgemont, with friends. I love the food! I prefer the ambiance of the Edgemont location, but both locations are wonderful!

• Visited January 2012
Deptford, New Jersey
“good and spicy”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Very good lamb vindaloo for lunch. Had a samosa as my appetizer. The lamb was nice and tender.... did I mention... and spicy! On a separate lunch, I had the tikka masala chicken, which was also excellent.

They don't have buffet, but I always leave full. I would give this 4.5 if I could. To get the 5, they would need a buffet, just so I could get the variety that I like. That's really not a bad thing for the rating, just a personal preference.

Visited June 2011