“Do not walk away, run away”

Mas Mexicali Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Mas Mexicali Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 256 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Walnut
Description: Más merges the authentic Mexican Cantina with an LA rock and roll attitude. This comes through in the décor, the food and the energy of the concept. The menu is packed with fresh traditional dishes as well as some signature Más creations tailored to the concept’s heart and energy. The over-the-top grille features affordable family favorites like fresh salsas, spicy tacos, bandito burritos, sizzling fajitas, and endless chips and salsa. The menu also has a variety of vegetarian and Tofu dishes to please all of our friends.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We want here on Saturday night after our 13 year olds baseball game. We sat outside because of the long wait for seating. We were there at 6:30. First, if you are over 25 yrs old do not even consider going here. The place caters to the college crowd and I can not even tell you the things that we heard as we were eating. Do attempt to use the bathroom unless you want to fight through a bunch of drunks. The food.......well I get better tacos from Taco Bell. DO NOT GO HERE. If I could give it zero stars I would.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

A group of us went to Mas for a late dinner & to see the band playing at 10:00. It took forever to get any service & when we got our drinks, they were supposed to be frozen- but they weren't. (And one of their "Specialty" drinks, the Blackberry Margarita tasted like cough syrup & we ended up sending it back!!)
Dinner came, and it was terrible!! Two people at the table got tacos- and we were hard pressed to find any meat!! We couldn't believe the small portions that were served in very soggy tortillas. On top of that, the rice tasted awful and was cold. The beans were tasteless and cold also. (One of the people in our group ended up walking out & getting a piece of pizza from down the street and bringing it back to the table to eat!!!)
We had to flag down the waitress to get us drinks because she didn't check back with us.
All in all, it was a total disaster & we will NEVER go back there!!!
The only positive was the chips & salsa wasn't bad...

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We frequent WC often but have not been to Mas. We loved it when it was a different name and also loved the setting of the roof patio and fun atmosphere so we decided to give it a try.Where do I begin? My son ordered a Sprite it arrived with no syrup, my husband ordered a Margarita with salt. It arrived with no salt. We asked her if she could salt a glass and we can pour it in. She took the drink back and the bartender was very quick to salt another glass. It sat on the bar for almost 15 minutes.WE had to ask her for it! By the time the drink arrived the glass was sweaty and the salt had run down the sides.When the waitress finally arrived to place our food order. I did have a few simple questions about the menu and the waitress could not answer any of them. She did not know what the seasonal Cerviche was. She did not know what their SPECIALITY ENTREE was nor could she describe it.
BAJA STYLE FIESTA
Char-Grilled Jumbo Shrimp, Achiote Chicken, Smoked Chorizo Sausage, Sweet Onions and Peppers. Served With Cilantro Rice.

I thought this was a safe bet as it was under their "MÁS SPECIALTIES". My dinner came out with 3 tiny shrimp the size of a quarter and not a trace of chicken.The Chorizo looked like it went thru a food processor. My son ordered ground beef nachos that arrived with big chunks of pork. My other son who is 12 ordered Mahi Tacos with the special sauce and cabbage on the side. It came dripping and covered with sauce and cabbage. My husband ordered black bean soup as well as fish tacos. His tacos did arrive the Mahi was tiny in one centimeter cubes . He said the Mahi tasted like cubed pork. His black bean soup never arrived. I forgot to mention that our food took over an hour to come out after we ordered it. She never offered to refill our chip basket. ( I must say the chips were the best thing on our table that day). All in all I would def. skip Mas as it was one of our worst dining experiences ever.We were still hungry and stopped into Saucey for a few slices that were very yummy!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was the only restaurant in West Chester that we could get reservations at for a friend's 37th birthday. Heard good things about it, and new roof deck was re-opened, but we stayed inside on the 1st floor. Seems like a well-designed and -marketed place from the outside, but inside, tables and floors were dirty, staff was friendly, but the customers were a bit on the "girls night out" side and clearly a college age target audience.

Ordered pitchers of margaritas for a table of 6. Were average. Tried several of the "specialty" Margarita's but they didn't really get any better or change taste. Like they put red dye in one and green in another.

Had 4 different appetizers, and all were pretty mediocre. "Dynamite sticks" were dry and pretty chewy, some cheese "dip" in a hot skillet was a hot mess, and the "great" buffalo wings that the waitress pointed us at were all heat (and a lot of it) and no taste.

Dinner was more of the same. My Kitchen Sink Burrito was all rice inside, and still don't know where the meat went. Other diners were also disappointed. We got each of the 4 desserts they offer and they were all less than average. Bananas with ice cream was ordinary at best. The Tres Leche cake was dry. How is that possible?

Staff was young and friendly, but the attention to detail was missing. Brought up appetizers with no plates, utensils or napkins. Brought a table of 6 a small basket of chips and small salsa.

If you want a college bar that is better than tapping a keg under a black light, this will probably be right up your alley. If you've eaten at a restaurant before, you'll regret your decision. We won't be returning.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This place is noisy and expensive. The food leaves a lot to be desired. The drinks are large, which probably contributes to the noise level. We had two bad experiences here, and I won't be back.