All reviews wilmington pike pancake maker cinnamon buns major highway breakfast options turkey sausage small refrigerator and microwave check in was a breeze platinum member excellent wifi indoor pool brandywine battlefield yogurt free breakfast very clean hotel main road extremely friendly staff
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Best included breakfast we ever had from a hotel (they had fresh cinnamon rolls)cheese omelettes, sausage, oatmeal, staff SUPER nice, very nice hotel , room was clean smelled nice very quiet , good location,

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2018

One night stay during the weekend. Didn't experience any issues with the desk clerks during check-in like others have mentioned. Room was fine, bed was pretty comfortable.
The bathroom was clean and had plenty of towels. Breakfast was standard (sausage, eggs, omelet), though the eating area was pretty small. After we were done, we noticed that it got quite filled up ad many people squeezed into available tables.
Location is pretty convenient to many things. Negative is getting to it when heading south on Wilmington Pike.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Manjunath V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Thank you so much! We appreciate your feedback and love hearing that our team was able to take good care of you. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

My husband travels often and is a platinum Holiday Inn member. When we vacation we often stay at a Hollday Inn to use points he has accumulated. We are typically pleased with our stay, but this time we were not.

This Holiday Inn is very small and needs a few updates. When we checked in there was no mention or appreciation of my husbands status and frankly, the young lady checking us in seemed dilsinterested.

Our room was ok but there was black hair on the floor by the tub (not ours), and the cable had basic channels so we were unable to watch any cable news shows.

Coming and going from the hotel, the desk clerk was away from the front desk, sitting on a torn chair in a side room using her cell phone; very disappointing.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gosteelers81
Reviewed August 8, 2018

We were part of a group rate for the Victory Rise girls lacrosse tournament. We didn't get there until a little after 10pm on Friday the night before the tournament when we found out that our reservation was cancelled. The girl who wasn't wearing a name tag at the counter said that they tried to call me on Wednesday and that my credit card was declined. I was like that is odd as I looked on my phone. No one called me and I verified it with Verizon that I did not receive a phone call. I then proceeded to check with Navy Federal and they said my credit card was never ran through. The girl at the counter said there are no rooms even though IHG kept telling me they had rooms open in the system. We then asked to speak to the General Manager. We were given the card of a REAL ESTATE AGENT! Luckily he knew the GM and gave us the number to call Manjunath V. My wife tried to talk to him but he rudely hung up on her not once but twice and I didn't even talk to him as I was the one who was very angry for being lied to in the face.

My wife called the Sheraton Great Valley Hotel and they were accommodate us and gave us the group rate!!!! Go there. Much cleaner, friendlier and they have educated counter staff.

We found out it happened to 5 other people the next day on the team.

Room Tip: Go to the Sheraton!
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank Chad W
Reviewed August 1, 2018

My 87 year old mom and I tried to stay at the hotel last week and arrived at 3:00 pm in the afternoon. One of the clerks wouldn't make eye contact with us. The other clerk gave us a room at the end of the hall near the parking lot. We were given the keys and saw the door wide open to the room and the beds unmade and I wouldn't have my worst enemy stay in that room. I couldn't stay with my mom and wait for the cleaning staff to show up and clean the room. The manager rambled on various excuses why the room wasn't clean and refused to refund our money booked through hotels.com. We ended up staying comfortably at the Microtel nearby. I have never received such terrible customer service in my life. My next letter goes to the NYS attorney general.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family