“Jay”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in West Chester
San Diego, California
“Jay”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very nice hotel and service was great for me and my family....Rooms where clean and very comfortable....Amenities where excellent. I would definitely stay again and would recomend this hotel to friends and family

1 Thank JayHamp
, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your response. The staff loved the basket you left them. Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This place is really nice. We decided to stop at this hotel because we were so beat from our drive. We just wanted a nice stay, comfortable bed and peace and quiet. We got just that at this hotel!!!! We arrived a little after 11am, the hotel accommodated us with an early check in which was very much needed as we wanted to get settled, feed the kids and rest. The front desk lady was very friendly along with the bell man who grabbed our luggage and helped us to our room, everyone made us feel so welcomed. The room was very spacious, very clean and fresh. I really felt right at home once we got settled into our room. Needless to say we slept the day away unbothered and very comfortable in our room. The next morning we got up headed over to the breakfast buffet in the restaurant which was awesome, oatmeal, eggs, bacon, sausage etc. It was very much a good treat for our buck. The kids noticed the pool and wanted to get in, we were only scheduled to stay one night but because the kids enjoyed themselves so much we decided to extend our stay. Overall very relaxing, very comfortable and very Cozy. Me and my family give the hotel an A+ it was just what we needed and we will be back next year.

Room Tip: The suite was very spacious.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CorrineAA
, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
We enjoyed serving you and hope you visit again soon.
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Okay . . . I get that when traveling with a kids' sports team, some hotels we are booked into are not the best. But this takes the cake on yucky. First room we were given had no sheets on the bed. The second room had sheets, but with hair on them. The floors were disgusting - we kept our socks on but threw them out when we left. I slept sitting up in the chair as this looked liked the cleanest option. The 'free' breakfast was a Lender's bagel and cold coffee.

, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for your time one the phone this morning to give me the details surrounding your stay. I am sorry that you did not inform us of your issues while you were here as we would have been happy to address them immediately and accommodate you however you see fit.

Thank you for taking my call.

Travelers are raving about these West Chester hotels

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I would not recommend this hotel to the homeless. Mold in bathroom. Roaches crawling around. It was cheap; but you get what you pay for.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
This issue was addressed by our hotel prior to guest post. The credit does take a few business days to reflect on their statement.
Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

I book online from hotel.com because I find this have a swimming pool. For main reason is my kid like hotel with swimming pool.  But after check ii 30 mins and find out the pool was cloudy n then we decided to cancel and talked the front desk. The front desk person told us they gonna to refund us in full provided they get a phone call from hotels.com.

But after 2 days calling hotels.com, they still didn't refund the money. I called the hotel and they told us they can only refund 50% instead of full refund!! But hotels.com told me it is 30% refund only!! This is a big scam!! We were charged even though we didn't even stay in the hotel?? Ridiculous ! Hotel told us that the front desk person did not give us the right info upon cancellation!! So who is responsible?

• Stayed July 2012
Littlestown, pa
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had received this hotel as a 'top secret' deal on Travelocity. I've always had a good experience with Travelocity and their star ratings, but after experiencing this hotel I'm questioning them as well. Ok, first the good things, because there were a few. Upon check in, Amy greeted us and was exceptional. This was an unexpected stay (bum car and not wanting to drive two hours in the dark with little ones)and Amy was quick to give us some complimentary toiletries and the offer to help with whatever we might need. So they was the good part. We walk the mile to very end of the hotel where are room is, all the while be bombarded with the smell of the smoking rooms, while I understand why some hotels still have smoking rooms, do they have to be dispersed all between the non-smoking rooms? We get to our room with two queen beds, it's smells kind of stale, but not horribly offensive. The mattresses seem as though they are quite old as they are sagging in the middle (I didn't even know queen mattresses could do this!). It was midnight, so I kept the lights low and tucked the kids into bed, considering what I saw in the morning, I probably should have inspected further before staying! So, in the light of day I got to see first hand the cleanliness of the room. Ick! Hair in the bathtub, mold at the windows, stains on the curtains and lamp shades, water damaged ceilings. It was really gross. It seems to me as though the got rid of the old quilted comforters, replaced them with the white sheets, threw in a flat screen tv and called it updated. Oh and the carpets looked newish, but from the way it seemed they neglect to vacuum, they won't seem that way for long. See posted pics for a few of the things wrong with just this one room!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sarah174
, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to highlight issues surrounding your stay. We serve a few thousand guest each month and unfortunately we sometimes fall short of our good intentions
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I often give places the benefit of the doubt because I'm usually not as critical.....but I should have listened!!
1. The lock on the door looked like someone had tried to break in. It was smashed and the door handle was all bent.
2. The first thing you run into when you walk in the room is the sink! It's right inside the door - not in the bathroom.
3. The bathroom was so small you could barely turn around.
4. The bathtub had hairs all over it, and wouldn't drain
5. The floor was filthy.
6. Can't believe the floor was ever swept. There were Tic-Tacs all over the place.
7. There was no hotel information provided. (maps/services etc.)
8. The window was so old!!! The window wouldn't stay open. It just slid closed. It had obviously been that way for quite some time. There were huge chunks missing from the window where people had apparently propped it open. It had to have been that way for a while - it had been painted over.
9. There were no tissues etc.
10. You take your life in your own hands trying to get out. There is no traffic signal and you are turning into a major roadway and cars are flying by.
11. Typically in 3-star hotels, a continental breakfast is included - NOT HERE!

So ----- the pool area was fairly nice, but no towels.

This was supposed to be a 3 star hotel ----- NO WAY!!!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Chester
Sentinel Motel
Sentinel Motel
#3 of 7 in West Chester
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!