“Appalled...”

Calabria
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Do I have to even give them 1 star? I'd prefer zero. I only write reviews when I have exceptional or horrible service. Unfortunately for this place, it's the latter. Our waitress messed up a simple order of 2 pieces of plain/2 pepperoni/fries. We asked her to "please bring the fries with the pizza" because some places bring the fries first. She said ok. Later we asked where the fries were, and she showed us her tablet and said you didn't order any! Laughable! So...instead of 2 pepperoni, I got 1 plain 1 pepperoni. Not a big deal, but she had earlier repeated "2 pepperoni" to me, because the noisy jukebox was on during dinner, and I said yes, I would like 2 pepperoni. Our drinks were empty for a good while. Eventually another waitress took our empty cups and brought back a soda, but I had to go the bar for another beer! Our waitress never came back to check on us. That was it, she was just gone! We were about to just leave without paying, but she (shockingly) saw us and brought the check. After paying $36 for horrible food that we didn't order or enjoy, I did not tip her (for the 1st time in my life). As I was walking out the door, she said "don't come back". Ok first of all...she didn't need to worry about that because I won't....but what kind of business are they running here?! Not only the terrible waitress' service and inability to write down what we ordered or check on us, but telling a customer to not back on their way out?? I had to ask her to repeat herself because I honestly couldn't believe that she really said that. She kept saying "you're a grown woman"- umm yes, that's why I just didn't tip you, instead of making a scene or writing something immature on the receipt! What a horrible waste of our time and money. I hope this Tiffany chick gets what's coming to her.

2  Thank VAN1430
There are newer reviews for Calabria

Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

We were not impressed with the restaurant. The pizza was way too salty and the salad was iceberg lettuce and bottled dressing. We won't be back.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

This little Italian restaurant is busy and has excellent service. I've had better food in pricey italian restaurants but this one is very reasonable for families or just to get a quick bite on the run. Don't show up in your evening gown or tuxedo. The spaghetti and meatball dinner is a steal.

Reviewed April 30, 2011

We ordered a x-large pizza. The crust was nice, but the pizza was too salty.

1  Thank EBandES
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Calabria is a roadside restaurant with 1970's diner decor. They have a full bar. Service is very friendly and efficient. Portions border on excessive. Our table had chicken parm, stuffed shells, manicotti and a chipped beef with sauce (not on the menu). Sauces and pastas were good. The chicken parm was big enough to serve three people, but it was tough and did not taste very fresh.