“Food is just ok”

Penn Werner Restaurant
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We used a Reading Eagle Big Deal to try this place out. The 4 of us thought our meals were good .... just good, not very good. I got the Prime Rib sand. and thought there was way too much roll for the amount of meat that was in it. Also thought it was a bit pricey. When I went to pay the waitress scanned my credit card before taking the certificate off and tried to blame it on me for not giving it to her prior. It is no different then handing a waitress a gift card and a credit card. Take my gift certificate off then charge the rest. Sheesh. Not a good enough experience to return.

3  Thank Traveler0582

Reviewed January 13, 2013

the 6.95 coupon cost 20.00 for 2 of us. juice. coffee and milk was extra. first and last visit there. not willing to try dinners.

2  Thank cmastellis
Reviewed December 28, 2012

If you think the fattening, no taste, large quantity food at the Penn Werner hotel is good, you might be from Berks County. Oh wait, you are definitely from Berks County. Of course, if you are from Berks County, you have no idea that this is substandard crap, you see only the ridiculously cheap check at the end of your tasteless, artery-clogging meal. If you think Sutter Home Merlot is living large, then by all means bring your date here!

4  Thank Ranger's Mom
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Luv this place, it's a monthly place foe us to eat, we don't go out to eat much but this
Place is always a must, fried crab cakes are the best......

4  Thank Vodkaandcranberryl
Reviewed August 11, 2008

When I was growing up I always thought the Penn Werner was a hotel for drug dealers, just because "Why was a hotel in Wernersville? Who would visit there?" and being young I was thinking a hotel was the Holiday Inn not a bar and restaurant. As a young adult I heard wonderful things about the food at Penn Werner. The other year we had a coupon and thought "ok lets try it". Best coupon we ever used!

The food is excellent, the service is terrific and the place is great. They have remodeled the side dining room and it looks very nice (alittle too modern for the building but I am not their decorator). The main dining room could use a sprucing up, but the old character should be kept in place in my opinion.

You park in the back and walk around to the front doors, which must be original because they sure are unique in the way they open. If you have never tried the Penn Werner try it, you'll like it, Mikey!

5  Thank DeeDeePA