“Classic Berks County Horrible”

Penn Werner Restaurant
Reviewed December 28, 2012

If you think the fattening, no taste, large quantity food at the Penn Werner hotel is good, you might be from Berks County. Oh wait, you are definitely from Berks County. Of course, if you are from Berks County, you have no idea that this is substandard crap, you see only the ridiculously cheap check at the end of your tasteless, artery-clogging meal. If you think Sutter Home Merlot is living large, then by all means bring your date here!

Date of visit: December 2012
4  Thank Traveler810425

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Luv this place, it's a monthly place foe us to eat, we don't go out to eat much but this
Place is always a must, fried crab cakes are the best......

Date of visit: July 2012
4  Thank Vodkaandcranberryl
Reviewed August 11, 2008

When I was growing up I always thought the Penn Werner was a hotel for drug dealers, just because "Why was a hotel in Wernersville? Who would visit there?" and being young I was thinking a hotel was the Holiday Inn not a bar and restaurant. As a young adult I heard wonderful things about the food at Penn Werner. The other year we had a coupon and thought "ok lets try it". Best coupon we ever used!

The food is excellent, the service is terrific and the place is great. They have remodeled the side dining room and it looks very nice (alittle too modern for the building but I am not their decorator). The main dining room could use a sprucing up, but the old character should be kept in place in my opinion.

You park in the back and walk around to the front doors, which must be original because they sure are unique in the way they open. If you have never tried the Penn Werner try it, you'll like it, Mikey!

5  Thank DeeDeePA