“Well Kept Property, Biker Friendly & Great Location”
Review of Sherwood Motel

Sherwood Motel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Wellsboro
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Like others Trip Advisor reviews made this a promising choice. The room was very clean and up to date. The staff was very friendly and helpful but if you tell them you want AAA rates then you better have your card. We rode in an a motorcycle and it was clear they welcomed bikes. In fact there were 10+ bikes there the night we stayed. Being in the downtown area was a big plus so we could walk to wherever we chose to go.

Room Tip: This is a motel. No elevators to second floor.
1  Thank CyclingTraveler
mchesko, Owner at Sherwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to send in your review. We are glad to hear that you had a nice experience and enjoyed your stay. Glad you hear that you liked our set up for the motorcycle wash station.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I do a lot of motorcycle touring in the Wellsboro Pa area and have stayed a couple places in teh area now. We just spent 2 nights at the Sherwood Motel in Wellsboro and found it to be an excellent value. Our room was large, very clean, comfortable and well appointed for the cost. The staff was friendly and helpful and pointed out a water hose and collection of towels/rags and soap to wash down the bike. The Sherwood is a convenient walking distance to nearly everything in town. I believe the Sherwood Motel is my new "go to" spot when headed to Wellsboro!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are happy to hear that you plan to return to our area and our Motel in the future. We look forward to your next visit.
Have a nice fall season

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Based on other Trip Advisor reviews, we chose to stay here for several nights in this quaint town. Everything was immaculate and the location is perfect. The downside was that the Internet service was spotty and we had a hard time figuring out the room A/C.

1  Thank Laura E
mchesko, Owner at Sherwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to send one in. We are glad you had a nice visit and you liked your room. What was the problem with the a/c? I hope you called us at the front desk so we could help you.
We hope you will be back for another visit in the future.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over Labor Day weekend and found our room to be picture perfect. We were in a double room on the first floor and found everything in order. It was clean beyond belief and looked like the picture on the website. The pool was clean and larger towels were provided pool side so you didn't have to bring bath towels from your room. One room feature that I liked was that the window was able to be opened to allow for fresh air, and you didn't always have to have the AC running, but it was there when we wanted it and it worked well. The staff couldn't have been friendlier. Twice I had trouble buying a soda from the vending machine and twice the manager came to my rescue, pulling the machine open and handing me my bottle of pop.
The location is excellent. We were able to leave our car parked in the lot and walk through town.
We will definitely be returning in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms 101 and 102 and the suites in the back of the office are closest to an extended walkway that g...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen15212
mchesko, Owner at Sherwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write in a review. They are always appreciated.
We are very happy that you had a nice time and everything went well for you. We do work hard on making everyone's stay a pleasant one.
Have a wonderful day and we look forward to your next visit when you are in the area again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The motel was nice. We stayed for 2 nights in one of the suites in the front building. We loved our room. The front BR was a nice size and the back BR with the bed and sofabed (old and covered with some white hair, but no pets were allowed??) was huge. Nice bathroom. The private stairwell smelled odd and the private porch had a gross plastic cup with cig butts that didn't move from the time we checked in to the time we checked out. The pool was cold according to the other guests who didn't go in. I thought it was nice. The huge amount of dead bugs swimming with me and my daughter was a little nasty. I personally skimmed the pool for 20 minutes to carve a section for us to go in. We also were swarmed in the parking lot at twilight by "gnats like" flies that covered us and all the cars. I know the flies aren't the fault of the hotel, but they could institute some type of control remedy (spray or bug zapper and have an employee skim the pool a few times a day). Staff was friendly and everything (food, grocery store, shops) is in walking distance. Price was good.

Room Tip: Go for one of the suites, it was worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
mchesko, Owner at Sherwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to send in a review. Yes, those little bugs were pesty recently. That has only happened one other time last year in the 10 years we have been here. Not sure what the change is but, something is making them have a hatch and they are attracted to the lights very much. We do have someone that does takes care of the pool everyday. They clean it several times a day but, that is the down side of being an outside pool. You can clean it and 1/2 hour later it can need it again if the wind is blowing things into the pool.
Regarding your comment on the cup with butts there was a person that was using that as their ashtray that was staying in the room next to you upstairs. They did not want an ashtray as the wind would blow the ashes on the ground. We cleaned it up on the day they checked out. We hope you enjoyed your visit to the area and maybe will come again.
Have a nice day

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We read all the good reviews and I guess ignored the bad ones. Seriously I have never wrote a review in my life but had to here. The people were very snobbish, the rooms were musty and run down. Walls were so thin you could hear people talking in the next room. We had a room with a whirlpool tub, it was filthy. The water was brownish. I could go on but just look elsewhere

2  Thank jacl l
mchesko, Owner at Sherwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Like all of our reviews I respond back directly to the person who has sent in the review. But, I also wanted to address this online as well. I was shocked by the review not only from the whirlpool comment but, also the run down comment. Our number one priority is cleanliness and we get a lot of comments on how clean the rooms are. If this was correct it is not acceptable and wish we were made aware of this at the time to see it for our self so we could address it right away. We would have taken care of it, moved the guest and/or refunded the money if we were shown. Brown water, no one else had said they had this issue so it would have been helpful to see this and if there was a problem we would be able to fix it. We have to rely on people in the room making us aware of things like this in case of a plumbing issue for us to repair. Of course, we also rely on our housekeepers as our first eyes so that we can maintain all of our rooms also. We do go through the rooms and do preventive maintenance and touch ups as well in between major renovations.
Regarding the run down comment I would like to know which room this guest is referring to as we had renovated all our rooms with new furniture, new carpet, new wallpaper, ceiling, paint, bathroom flooring so I am confused on that issue.
We take pride is maintaining our property and work hard at making it a very clean and comfortable establishment while people are traveling while still being one of the less expensive in the area.
I am sorry that this guest did not have a good experience but, I am a bit confused on all that was said given all the renovations and upkeep that we do. We are not perfect by any means.
I know if I had experienced all that this person had I would have been talking to the management to show them not only to see what they would do but, also to make sure it was addressed.
We appreciate all reviews given as it shows us what our travelers need and expect.
Thank you for all that take the time in writing reviews and please remember if there are problems to let the establishment know then so they can address them before the next guest arrives.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The staff at Sherwood Motel is great! They will always go out of their way to assist you and make sure you have everything you need. The location of the motel is near walking distance to restaurants as well as other local shops.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellsboro
Penn Wells Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 5 in Mansfield

Been to Sherwood Motel? Share your experiences!