“The owners here really care.”
Review of Sherwood Motel

Sherwood Motel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Wellsboro
Reviewed September 6, 2011

What a well run motel. This is the second time I have stayed here, however the group I was with has been staying here for about 7 years. We are golfers and take advantage of their stay and play pakage which is a great value.

This year as I was checking in around 5:30 p.m., my car broke down under the Motel portico, the owner Marsha quickly called a local mechanic for me who showed up within ten minutes and diagnosed what he thought my problem was, (bad battery). The mechanic got my car started and Marsha was so kind, she got in her car and led me to the mechanic's shop and then stayed and gave me a ride back to the motel. Hard to find this kind of care and concern today.

The rooms are clean and well maintaned and check in and check out was seamless. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Paula S

Reviewed August 21, 2011

We did not have high expectations after reading lots of reviews on places to stay in the area. We were so relieved upon checking into our room. It was the cleanest and best maintained place we had found to stay in quite a while-anywhere. While being located on a busy street, we did not have any issues with traffic noise. We did have noisy upstairs neighbors. Several families vacationing together with small children running around made quite a racket, but they settled down at night and we slept well. Next time, I will request a 2nd floor room just in case. The hotel is located within walking distance to the historic area and town square. A great location.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2011

BAsed on positive reviews on Trip Advisor, we chose the Sherwood Motel for our 3-day stay in Wellsboro for geneaology study. Accommodations were excellent as was the location. It was easy to walk downtown to eat and see the sights. So often you have to get in your car for restaurants and entertainments activies; not so with the Sherwood. Every spot we needed to visit was within walking distance. We even caught a movie at the local theater, which only seated 36 and was full.

Our first experience with Trip Advisor and we would heartily recommend the Sherwood and TA.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe500-500
Reviewed July 8, 2011

The Sherwood Motel was a surprisingly nice place! I was glad for the positive reviews on this site that helped me choose this for our lodging in Wellsboro - a charming little town. Our room was not overly large, but very clean and comfortable. We were happy with the mini-fridge and microwave and flat-screen tv. The pool looked nice, though we did not partake this trip. Staff was friendly enough. The complimentary breakfast was not very attractive with only oatmeal on offer, so we skipped it. The front desk staff recommended the self-directed walking tour of downtown Wellsboro. We really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it over any of the other places in town that we saw.

Room Tip: I called and they gave me a choice of upstairs or downstairs.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SydneyRom
Reviewed June 10, 2011

This was a great motel. The rooms were very clean, along with the rest of the facility. They offer oatmeal and coffee which was a nice addition. The owners and staff were very nice people. It is in a central location to just about everything. My husband and I will definitely stay here again when we head to this area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ickers
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Very nice place to stay. I have two kids 11 and 9 they loved the outdoor pool. Location was excellent. Close to everything. We stayed in the main building very nice room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank b16wheeler
Reviewed March 17, 2011

We stayed here while on a motorcycle tour. We got one of the 2 bedroom suites because there was 5 of us. Had no problems staff was friendly and efficient. It saved us a bit of $ staying together not all places have room for a party of 5. Wellsboro is a nice little town check out the Frog Hut, their food is pretty good and cheap!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank mystictraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellsboro
Penn Wells Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 5 in Mansfield

Been to Sherwood Motel? Share your experiences!