Stayed in the hotel this past weekend. Was a little concerned due to the other negative comments. Should have followed my gut feeling and booked elsewhere. To say the rooms were small and old is an understatement. Our room had one double bed and barely had room to walk around the bed. The bathroom was equally as small .... No room to even set down any toiletries. The windows were so drafty you could see the curtains moving. The radiators were rusty. The curtains were extremely dirty .... They were suppose to be white but were a dirty gray. The smells came up into the room from downstairs. Cooking odors and the smell from the fireplace in the lobby. The only good thing about the room were the sheets and comforter which were very nice. Another positive about the hotel were the front desk people who were extremely friendly and helpful.
We had dinner in the restaurant ... Our waitress, Miss Kathy, was not friendly at all and just seemed bothered that she had to wait on us. Looking around, other tables had waiters who were making their experience there an enjoyable one. Our meal was just so so. We still went back for breakfast the next morning .... Another big mistake. It took our waiter (Scott) ten minutes to bring us some coffee and another ten minutes to get us some cream. When asking him a second time about the cream his response was 'I'm working on it'. I finall went out to the lobby and got a cup of the complimentary coffee. We waited twenty minutes for our orange juice and the items on the buffet were not refilled at a very fast pace. We also had been given by the front desk two coupons for 10% off breakfast for two (we had rented two rooms because we had my elderly parents with us). When we tried to use them Scott our waiter told us we could only use one. Needless to say this was our last visit to this hotel and restaurant
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Penn Wells Hotel & Lodge offers the best in classic comfort and exceptional personal service. Located in the heart of beautiful Wellsboro, PA, just 11 miles from the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania, our historic hotel was built in 1869 and transports guests to an earlier era with its rich decor and wood-burning fireplace in the lobby. Guests will also enjoy fine dining in our onsite restaurant and a full bar in our cozy lounge. The newly renovated lodge property is also conveniently located on Main Street, within easy walking distance of Wellsboro's shopping and dining district. The modern lodge offers 32 suites with separate living and sleeping spaces and a kitchenette in addition to standard rooms. Enjoy a complimentary breakfast in the beautiful new lobby before venturing out for the day. The indoor pool and jacuzzi, fitness center, business center and guest laundry are all available for guests at both the hotel and lodge. Free WiFi is also available at both locations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Penn Wells Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Penn Wells Hotel And Lodge
- Penn Wells Hotel Wellsboro