“Been there, done that type of place”

Animaland Zoological Park
Mansfield, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Been there, done that type of place”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My husband and I went to Animaland just because we have never been and we wanted to check it out. It is a small place, but they have a good variety of animals. I think it is more appropriate for little kids to enjoy. The gift shop/where you purchase your tickets smelled heavily of cat urine, and the owner's cats roam the whole zoo. I had a good time, but I wouldn't be visiting there again.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank BeccaH4309

Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Saddest zoo around, poor animal conditions.”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The zoo is over-priced for what they offer. I wish this was my only complaint, but then I wouldn't have given the Zoo a single star. The saddest part, is none of the animals had food. You can buy bags of dried corn to feed the animals for $1. They would try to attack you through the gates, because they were starving! Only a few of the animals had water, and that water was filthy! They have 2 huge bears, but they are kept in a concrete cage, about 10 feet wide, by 15 feet wide. Nothing to play with, no food and dirty water. Seriously sad. The zoo store offers quite a selection, but you won't want to stay long to check it out, because it smells so bad. They have quite a few cats that wander around and they must keep their litter boxes inside the store, because the only thing you can smell is dirty litter boxes. This zoo needs to be looked at by officials and shut down!

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Heidi N
Pennsylvania
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Animal Cruelty”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

It sickens me to even think of the conditions they have placed animals in this miserable excuse for a zoo. Stay away!

Visited June 2011
2 Thank srobby
Sayre, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Abuse”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I was at this "park" years ago with my kids, and it was totally disgusting back then. A friend went last week, and it still is a horrible place. Do NOT waste your money. The SPCA should investigate.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank mlRay
Elmira, New York
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Sad existence for some of these animals”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is a very nice sized park for the area with lots of different animals to see and feed. I had gone as a child and loved every minute of it and thought I would go back for a visit. The majority of the park is still very enjoyable with nice sized animal enclosures. Once I seen the bear enclosure I was very saddened. It was not more than 15x15 feet and the bear was obviously miserable. As a child this would not have even bothered me but as an adult this one exhibit ruined my impression of the entire park.

Visited August 2011