“Number 1 ????” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Colton Point Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wellsboro
Colton Point Motel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Wellsboro
New Jersey
“Number 1 ????”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have to believe that it is because the owners of this property are so nice,that everyone else is afraid to be honest about this motel. I booked this based upon the number 1 rating in trip advisor and I was shocked when I got there. This is an older, no frills motel room. Nothing special (except as I mentioned, the very nice owners). Don't expect a hair dryer or iron in your room either. At least from the exterior, the Sherwood and the Pennwells looked much nicer.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank shlj7
nltyson, Owner at Colton Point Motel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
I'm sure from reading the other reviews that you knew we were a no frills motel. We do not pretend to be an upscale hotel. What we do offer, is a clean, comfortable and we believe resonably priced room. Our location is also very attractive to a lot of our customers. We do have irons and hair dryers available, upon request. What makes Trip Advisor special, is that you can post a review, based upon your opinion. We thank you for yours.
Nancy Tyson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Greenville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is my third report in 10 days after staying at small owner-occupied motels. The Colton Point Motel sits alongside US Rte.6 about 12 miles west of Wellsboro, PA and within 2 miles of the roads that lead to the west and east rims of the Grand Canyon of PA. I was more than apprehensive about this stay as my 2 previous experiences were not nice. I was promptly given my room and immediately checked it out. My fears were immediately relieved when observing the excellent upkeep of the Motel's exterior; paint-stain in good condition, steel entrance doors with bright brass kick-plates. The assigned room was a corner room with windows in front and on the side. Room was nice size and all the normal amenities including a wide screen TV and through the wall unit for heat / A/C. A real closet, a small built in vanity with light, etc. The room and bathroom was clean with adequate towels, soap and shampoo. Being miles from family-friendly restaurants, the next home-run was breakfast served in the lobby. The lobby was reasonable size and seated about 30 people. Breakfast was from a menu with many selections, coffee and small fruit drink, included in the very competitive price. All this, and the owners were very friendly and helpful with directions to the Canyon, train ride and other nearby activities. I would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: I suspect all the room were just as nice as the one assigned to me with one queen bed, though I'...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Bill70-54
Bill,
Thank you for your review. I know you do a lot of traveling, so we do appreciate your time in reviewing us. I hope that you and the others had a good trip home.
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

My family just got done spending another wonderful weekend at the Colton Point Motel. When we arrived Nancy was there to great us and although we have not been there since the summer, she remembered my kids names. It is so refreshing to go to a nice, clean, family run place for such an affordable price. We stayed in the 2 room suite and could not have asked for more. Thank you also Nancy for sending us my husband's phone charger that we left in the room. We did not even notice it was missing until the package came in the mail. It was so sweet of you! We will definitley be back soon :) Patty

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Patty S
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This family run, amazing motel is a favorite of mine. My husband booked a nite for a surprise getaway to look at the beautiful autumn foliage. This motel has the best breakfast to top it all off. We thoroughly love this place. Very clean, very comfortable and very friendly. Thank you Ron and Nancy for another leisurely, relaxing stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank linla
nltyson, Owner at Colton Point Motel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Hopefully the leaves were pretty the whole way home. We will keep the grill on for your next breakfast.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We selected the Colton Point Motel due to its proximity to the Pine Creek Trail. The motel was not luxury but it was very clean, quiet and comfortable. Our host Nancy could not have been more helpful in assisting us with directions, maps and dining tips. She even went so far as to research a Sunday church service for us. Their grounds are impeccably maintained and I'm sorry it was not warm enough to sit outside and relax at their pond. We ate breakfast downstairs both mornings, and it was excellent and fast. Thumbs up to the Colton Point for both service and accommodations.

Room Tip: Second floor, room with two doubles, was quiet and roomy for two
2 Thank LuannT52
nltyson, Owner at Colton Point Motel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We try to be more than just a motel that hands you a key, so we do have information availalbe or we try to find it for you. See you next time.
Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Nancy &Ron motel was very nice and quiet.This was our second time there and was very comforable and very clean.I did'nt get a chance to see RON'S new vette but maybe next year.Thank you Ron&Nancy for a lovely weekend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank willie2002
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel looked much different on the picture and was not worth the money. It was very small without much space for your grooming area. I guess for $82.00 I expected more. There was a nice pond to look at behind the motel. All in all it was ok - I just expected more for that amount of money. No breakfast, but they did have a small cafe where you could purchase it, if you liked.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank ChicagoLulu
nltyson, Owner at Colton Point Motel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your review. Ron and I know it is important to get a good value for your hard earned money. We believe our rates are very reasonable in comparison to the other motels in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellsboro
Rough Cut Lodge
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 5 in Mansfield

Been to Colton Point Motel? Share your experiences!