Review Highlights
Beautiful!!!!

I love visiting the PA Grand Canyon in the fall!!!!!! You can take a wonderful horse/carriage ride... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
atg1214
via mobile
REMEMBER...........

This park is a part of the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon - not THE Grand Canyon! If you go thinking... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
traveler_53_09
Breesport, New York

All reviews turkey path grand canyon overlook trail state park visitor's center gift shop amazing views take your time hiking shoes pine creek maple syrup colton point worth the trip fall foliage viewing area nice hike walking trails
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Winding roads leads you to the top of Leonard Harrison. Unlike Bushkill, it's free to enter, being a state park. The easy part is walking up to the railing and enjoying the sites. If you're thirsty or hungry there was a food truck near the viewing platform. There are also restrooms, no charge. We had planned to hike overlook trail but it looked like it went behind the overlook and around the parking lot. So we did Turkey Hill. Easy to go down and somewhat difficult to come back up. Wear the right shoes, we wore sneakers but wished we had wore boots because some of the trail is wet with puddles. The trail goes side to side so it's a nice walk down. We saw kids on the trail as young as 5. Some parents had a backpack seat for the kids to get into if they get tired. Others braved it without, so needless to say there are echoes of crying and whining kids. It was a total of 1 hour and 45 minutes hike roundtrip. Definitely a place to come back to.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is absolutely beautiful and I highly recommend to all nature lovers and outdoor adventurer. Next time we will go when fall is in full bloom

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our hike and the beautiful views. Nice parking area with bathrooms and visitors center. We plan on coming back in the future to hike more.

Reviewed September 11, 2019

We tent camped at the Leonard Harrison State Park the weekend after Labor Day and the campground wasn't full. Nice deep site (#5), super clean bathrooms, and all around nice state park to camp.
While there, we checked out the visitors center to take in the view - it's worth the visit.
Campers note: there is a gift shop, but no camping supplies - so be sure to prepare well - it took some driving around in Wellsboro to locate some. Speaking of Wellsboro, it's a cute little town. We didn't have time to linger, but I would visit on another trip.
What we did was drive to Pine Creek Outfitters in nearby Ansonia to arrange our vehicle to be moved to while we cycled the rail trail and I highly recommend you visit this trail. It's accessible also from Turkey Falls Path in Leonard Harrison (we stopped on bike trail to explore a bit there).
I've wanted to do this trip for some time now and I'm so glad we made it happen. The wilderness, serenity, and views were good for the soul. Recommend!

1  Thank 25janellew
Reviewed September 10, 2019

I was to the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon often as a child (in the 1960s) and then I took my son 25 years ago. This was my first return trip - and I completely forgot how absolutely breath-taking gorgeous it is! I took over 200 pictures and was there for over two hours (and I didn't even walk the paths down to the canyon)! It is so peaceful and beautiful! It is a must-see for anyone who marvels at the beauty of nature!