“So Quiet and Peaceful”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“So Quiet and Peaceful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I camped here in our travel trailer for 5 nights in early June. What a great place - - quiet, secluded and peaceful! There is a 160+ acre lake, which we did not use, but drove past every day, so pretty and clean, with a nice beach area. All the campsites are very spacious, so you're not sitting right on top of one another. Although our site had electricity, there was no sewer hook-up, so be sure to fill your tanks at the water sites provided before settling in. Each site appeared to have a sturdy fire ring and a super heavy picnic table - we cooked on the fire almost daily. The bath house was extremely clean and we noticed staff making daily cleaning rounds. We left a cooler out one night, filled with Coke, Diet Gingerale and bottled water - a black bear paid us a visit that night. The area surrounding Hills Creek is beautiful - definitely go to Wellsboro - - a quaint little village with cute shops and good food - we ate at a Bagel place for lunch one day - good food. Also close by is the Rail Trail - an old railroad, now converted into a bike and horse path, well maintained and very easy biking along Pine Creek (we did 18 miles one afternoon on rented bikes). Also not to be missed is a trip to Corning, NY - - maybe 45 minutes away. The Corning Museum of Glass was a great way to spend the morning.

Also nearby is the Leonard Harrison State Park - - there is a fantastic overlook of the Grand Canyon of PA - - breath taking vistas and easy hiking trails.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Becky P

wellsboro
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We go up there to take pictures of the leaves. I live close by in Wellsboro so I do not camp there. It is a place to go for relaxation. I have used the beach in the past. My trips to the park are usually day visits.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank christine j
Mansfield PA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We love to visit Hills Creek to swim and fish in the summer. It is a local gem. You can spend hours here and still look forward to returning.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank MUfoodie
Saint Marys, PA
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A favorite park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have been visiting here since I was in college. It has changed for the better since then and is still one of my favorite parks.

McVeytown, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great little park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Nice little park. Good lake! Good fishing! Nice scenery! there are picnic areas, cabins, camping hiking trails and more!

Visited January 2013