“Good food, quiet enough for conversation”

Harland's Family Style Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 37 Restaurants in Wellsboro
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We ate there Saturday night with friends. The food was good, we all had something different & we were all happy with our choices. It was quiet enough we could talk without shouting at each other which was great. It was reasonably priced. Noticed some of the seats in the booths were torn, but seemed to be clean. For our two meals it was only $30. We would go back.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Harlands family restaurant is on Pearl street one block over from Main st. What a nice place...could use a little updating but the staff was freindly and the food and prices were good.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We actually went to Harland's twice because the food was very good and the prices were perfect. We found a large selection and a friendly staff. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Of all the restaurants we visited in the area during a weekend visit, This was the best all around one we went to. The decor was okay, nothing fancy but nice. It felt like a traditional family restaurant. We were greeted quickly by our server who quickly grabbed our drink order. She always had a smile and was very nice. She returned quickly and we had our order ready. My wife ordered chicken fingers, my youngest son wanted chicken nuggets, My oldest son and myself ordered two burgers... Mine was a bacon and Swiss. The food arrived quickly and everything was a good large portion size but not so large that you couldn't finish it. The Burgers were great, by far our favorite on the trip. My burger was loaded with Bacon and a half pound of beef. My youngest said his nuggets were the best he ever had "even better than McDonald's" which is a huge compliment in his eyes. The wife loved the chicken as well. The prices were more than fair considering both the quality and quantity of our food. The waitress was extremely friendly and very attentive to our needs as far as refills and things of that nature. We plan on returning to the area again and this will definitely be a place that we will revisit!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We used to eat here 4 or 5 times a year. The salad bar was never very good. They always have iceberg lettuce, never Romaine or any other kind. Their soups were for the most part, pretty good, although I have experienced times when they weren't. They used to have great specials (e.g. meatloaf with mash potatoes and a vegetable) for a very reasonable price, but those days seem to be gone.
We recently tried Harlands again over the 4th of July weekend, 2013, but we weren't real happy. The reason I did not rate Harlands "Poor" was because it has now joined the ranks of most other Family Restaurants in America, so it is an average place like everywhere else.
It is not as good as it used to be.
It's not just Harlands. I see many changes in the Wellsboro area since the Gas Drilling started, and most are not for the better. Although I benefitted financially from the drilling, I'd rather not have, and I sadly miss the better Wellsboro of years past.