“Average Family Resturant”

Cuisines: American
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Average Family Resturant”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We used to eat here 4 or 5 times a year. The salad bar was never very good. They always have iceberg lettuce, never Romaine or any other kind. Their soups were for the most part, pretty good, although I have experienced times when they weren't. They used to have great specials (e.g. meatloaf with mash potatoes and a vegetable) for a very reasonable price, but those days seem to be gone.
We recently tried Harlands again over the 4th of July weekend, 2013, but we weren't real happy. The reason I did not rate Harlands "Poor" was because it has now joined the ranks of most other Family Restaurants in America, so it is an average place like everywhere else.
It is not as good as it used to be.
It's not just Harlands. I see many changes in the Wellsboro area since the Gas Drilling started, and most are not for the better. Although I benefitted financially from the drilling, I'd rather not have, and I sadly miss the better Wellsboro of years past.

• Visited July 2013

Necochea, Argentina
“Simple, Decent Food”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My friend and I were looking for something simple and inexpensive (but not fast food). This restaurant fit the bill. The portions were ample and of decent quality (we both had half of a roasted chicken with a baked potato plus salad bar). The decor is nothing to write home about, but the service was good.

Visited June 2013
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
“Just ok.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The restaurant was nice. We got the buffet. Probably should have just ordered off the menu. No toast on buffet. No fresh fruit. Very dark over at buffet which made it hard to see the food which was kept under closed hoods that you opened when you wanted items from under there. But the lighting could have been better.

Visited July 2013
Smithville Flats, New York
“Great breakfast, off the beaten tourist path!!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

we found this little gem away from the tourist spots - great food, nice friendly local atmosphere. food is good and reasonable.

Visited June 2013
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania, United States
“Don't Order the Special!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband I went to Harlands for lunch today. What a mistake. We ordered the bbq pork rib sandwich special. Nothing special about this. I'm not even sure it was pork. It most certainly was not pork rib. After taking a bite, I disassembled the sandwich to find it appeared to be some fake meat sausage patty doused in bbq sauce on a roll. It was terrible! I couldn't eat it. When the waitress came by with the check I told her how terrible it was. She simply left the bill -- never offering either a credit to the bill or an alternative meal. We will never go back to this place again.

• Visited January 2013