“a august 2014 train ride”

Tioga Central Railroad
Ranked #5 of 24 things to do in Wellsboro
More attraction details
Owner description: Pennsylvania train rides.
Ithaca, New York
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“a august 2014 train ride”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

well it was not great. Alot of painting and cleaning of the cars is needed. If you wish to see marsh land or residential trailers this is the ride to take. I imagine if you are a child or train buff this is the attraction to see but the only favorable comment I can give is it had ample parking but poor bathroom facilities. We drove a hour and a half to get there only to be very disappointed! It needs alot of restoration, cleaning and up dating. to make this a to see attraction.

Visited September 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Tioga Central Train/dinner ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

I booked this for a party of 10 to celebrate my Dad's 90th birthday. Was not sure if it would meet our expectations for celebrating with a 90 year old, but it did and far surpassed any preconceived ideas I had. Food was amazingly good, service was great and the trip itself was relaxing and non pressured. The chef is to be commended as for BBQ ribs and chicken as entrees I will say they were some of the best we have ever devoured. You could remain at your table or wander through the train cars as we did. The open air car was just that, outside but covered and allowed for some great pics. Everyone had a great time and we made some long lasting memories for this once in a lifetime celebration!

Visited August 2014
6 Thank BchGlassLady
Altoona, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Just enjoy the Ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

After reading some negative reviews my wife and I arrived not expecting much. We toured on a Wednesday. We felt the cars could have used some cleaning and painting, I assume there is a bigger cost to doing something like this. To be honest the views are not the greatest, but you do get to see some great marsh lands (wetlands), low lands with beautiful mountains for a background, towards the end of the line you get a great view of Hammond Lake. The best view is from the right side and on the open car. On the way back we switched sides with a couple so they could enjoy the view also. The overall trip was good, Great! no but good. If anything just go to enjoy a train ride it will be good. If you expect the perfect trip you will be disappointed. Just enjoy the ride.
P.S. don't trust your GPS if it takes you via Muck Road. Use Hwy 287 much easier way to get to station.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank Tessa W
Va
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Fun, relaxing ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

My group loves this train ride. Perhaps not the most scenic trip on the Eastern US (although the lake views are nice and I love looking for wildlife like lots of osprey and some deer), but the staff is always pleasant, the food is great, and we just love hanging out on the train. We did the Sunday Flyer this time. The ride seemed shorter than in previous years for some reason, but maybe it was just because it was Sunday. Usually we ride it on Saturday. Chef came out to talk to us and the hostess was very nice.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank JediTraveller
Philadelphia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Average train ride, longer than most”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

We've been on a lot of scenic train rides in PA. This ride is longer (with a bathroom & snacks on board) but the scenery is just OK. Really only good from one side of the train. Nothing more than you see on a drive around the area. Enjoyed the open air car & it was a very nice day. But, we've been on more scenic rides. At $20/person ($10 kids) we don't see the need to ride again.

Visited July 2014