“Dinner on the Train”

Tioga Central Railroad
Ranked #5 of 24 things to do in Wellsboro
More attraction details
Owner description: Pennsylvania train rides.
Mountville, Pennsylvania, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Dinner on the Train”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Visiting the Railroad is one thing that this is not...You basically park, wait for the train to arrive (hope its not raining, there is no place to get in out of the rain except your car), get on the train and away you go. If you order the Dinner/train ride, you get a full course meal prepared, we were told, on the train. Delicious food, great service and friendly people. It really was a great time. I was glad we did the dinner as it was dark by the time we reached the half way point. Not alot to see in the dark. While daylight there is more to see. There was a SMALL gift shop with a FEW things to purchase. I wish they would have had a museum or at least a place to get out of the weather while waiting for the train. I would recommend this anyone. Small child can be accomodated best on specific train rides geared toward their ages. Very nice thing to do as a family or a couple.

New Castle, Pennsylvania
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Leisurely ride through the countryside”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The railroad is a different way to spend a couple of hours. The staff is mostly volunteers who seem to be very cordial and to truly enjoy what they do. The train has some comfortable touring cars and an open air car that was a real treat given the perfect the weather we had during the trip. The train did leave 15 minutes late. Tour buses should have to wait in line like everyone else. We ate a snack (cash) on the train, (hot dogs that were very tasty) from the cafe' car. Very reasonably priced too! The scenery isn't particularly remarkable, but there are some great photo ops along the way, especially as you approach lake at the North end of the tour.

Wind Gap, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I wish I could give them a ZERO !!!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I booked online for October 12, 2013 at 5pm for the DINNER ride. Showed up the half hour early like they suggest just to find out my party of 4 was bumped to October 19, 2013 at 5pm. Mind you this is AFTER a 3.5 hour ride to arrive there. The staff should all be FIRED !!! I tried pleasantly to resolve this by letting them know there online system had to have bumped us. Two of their representatives basically were verbally rude to myself and my husband. They would NOT allow us to speak, told us WE were WRONG and booked the wrong date when in actuality it's THEIR ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM NOT NOTIFYING potential customers that certain departures are already BOOKED FULL !!! Yet, the online site STILL allows you to book a date that's full, when you get your confirmation THEN you find out you've been booked for a different date then you needed. By the way NO REFUNDS, and the STAFF wouldn't even try to work things out and try to book us a different date. So, this being said we can't get another booking for a different date. They are EXTREMELY RUDE !!! They hung up on my husband on the phone AFTER basically yelling at my husband. We plan to protest this ride and report to the BBB. I understand the no refund policy, they state that while booking, yet, not to work something out for a different date is ridiculous !!! This ride makes between $6,000.00 to $10,000 a round trip at about 3 trips a day and can't even have respectful customer service. KEEP YOUR $180.00 that you would have spent on a ride & dine. This place doesn't deserve business. Anyone with any similar experiences please reach me at sunnybbq68@hotmail.com. This place needs to hear everyone's complaints about booking issues. By the way I book multiple trips a year ONLINE and haven't had issues till NOW. Thank You.

4 Thank Barbara K
Rochester, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nightmare ride”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The lady in red mentioned in previous review needs to be FIRED. We also got there 30 minutes early and waited in line for 50 minutes. meanwhile tour buses showed up and were allowed to board before us. our 1 1/2 hour trip took 3 hours. We should of been compensated. Don't waste your $$$$$$

3 Thank Daniel H
State College, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Waste of afternoon”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were told to be at the ticket booth 30 minutes before departure time. When we arrived, there was already a long waiting line to board the train. As we got closer to departure time, riders started to get impatient because of the delay. A women dressed in a red uniform, started yelling at customers that wanted to get on the train. A gentleman came out, trying to be nice to his clients, and welcomed us to the event. The train left 27 minutes late. Then, on the return trip, an air hose broke, so we had to wait for someone to come to repair the hose. The train was stopped at a road crossing. This ride occupied our entire afternoon, and was not enjoyable. Waste of time and money.

5 Thank Hanna M