“Great main dishes, pleasant setting, clean.”

Log Cabin Inn Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Wellsboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2010

FYI-this is about 15 miles from the center of Wellsboro-it is west of the entry road for Colton Point SP. The setting is over the top country, but generally pleasant and very clean. A serviceable salad bar-nothing spectacular salad wise but great corn bread and soup. I had about a 10 oz filet covered with crab, shrimp and scallops in alfredo sauce. Obviously rich but not over the top-everything was cooked just right. 20$. I have paid far more for a steak not nearly as good. Quality beef done perfectly-I think you are safe with steak here. My son had Asiago crusted chicken breast. Juicy enough, meat as tasteless as any white chicken meat-it tastes like what you put on it. Children's meals were fine and reasonably priced. Dessert was forgettable-there is better to be had in town.

Reviewed March 19, 2010

could any tell me how i could find some pictures to view the log cabin inn restaurant @ 3501 route 6,wellsboro,pa.would like to hear from someone

Reviewed October 27, 2009

I was in Central PA with a couple of friends on a weekend motorcycle tour. After viewing the impressive Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania, we looked for a place to eat lunch. We remembered that there had been a diner just down the road, but wait, what about the Log Cabin Inn - right across the road from where we were stopped?

The place was rustic and quaint, a real log cabin of totally woodsy motif with mounted trophy deer, elk, and even a bear, that we were assured had been struck by a car. A huge stone fireplace at one end of the dining room dominates the space.

The menu was a surprise, as one other reviewer mentioned, we expected burgers and steaks and instead found a really varied and thoughtful menu. This having been said, two of us opted for the lunch special chicken and biscuits, and on chose the Campers Trout. Each of our meals was excellent and plentiful, preceded by excellent hearty soup, and a trip to the very fresh salad bar. I even had a second bowl of soup it was so good.

The biggest treat was the total: a big hearty delicious hot meal in that kind of ambiance with wonderful friendly country service for $11? Can't be beat.

If there is one complaint it's that the coffee wasn't strong enough. However, I nearly always have that complaint when traveling in America. You guys just don't "get" coffee.

All three of us have punched the coords of the Log Cabin Inn (not to be confused with the other three establishments of the same name in PA) into our GPSs and will be returning on first opportunity.

3  Thank Ricochet
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Several people recommended The Log Cabin as one of the best places to eat around Wellsboro, but we thought it was nothing special. First of all, it is a LONG way from town. We had seafood and it was fine but not outstanding considering the prices. The desserts (pie) were especially disappointing.

1  Thank TheWisslers
Reviewed June 4, 2009

Was on a fishing trip to the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania in mid-May 2009 and decided to give the Log Cabin Inn a try for dinner one night. To call the area where the Log Cabin is located rural would be an understatement. It is on US Route 6 across Pine Creek from a number of fish camps. After a full day of fishing on Pine Creek, we headed to the Log Cabin for dinner. The outside of the restaurant is nice, but the inside is beautiful. The inside looks like a log hunting lodge with very high ceilings and a stone fireplace. The food far exceeded my expectations. I was expecting burgers and steaks but what I found was a menu that offered a full range of choices from steak to seafood. We both had the Camper's Trout and it was delicious. It was lightly breaded and fried and was cooked to perfection. All of the entrees came with unlimited trips to the salad bar. The salad bar was small, but stocked with everything you need to build a nice salad. The service was very friendly and efficient and definitely added to the pleasure of the experience. The dress code is come as you are. There were folks in there dressed in business casual and then there was me in jeans. The prices were reasonable and the value was good.

The next time I am fishing in the Grand Canyon of PA, I will make sure to visit the Log Cabin Inn again at least once!

5  Thank SPFEsq