“Real Backwoods Setting”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a neat place! You will know you are in the real backwoods region when you pull into the parking lot of this really neat log cabin. The surroundings are beautiful. Inside, the many animal mounts and vintage fishing and hunting gear will hold your interest for some time.

The bar area is a great place to start. Great drinks and friendly service will make you feel right at home. Interesting stories and friendly conversation abound in this part of the restaurant.

In the dining room the decor continues as does the friendly service. The food is Fantastic! The salad bar is extensive. Their soups are wonderful. For our main courses, we had the trout, steak, and haddock stuffed withcrabmeat. All were excellent. The desserts were to die for. Order several and share!

We will be back on our next visit. You might want to bring your camera if visiting for the first time.

1  Thank denmiller2003

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Hostess good, ambience very cozy as usual, salad bar good as usual. NY strip steak inferior quality(metallic taste, tough, lots of inedible gristle), music too loud, bartender rude over our bill. Last few times we have eaten there staff makes us feel rushed. It was my BDay and they don't give you a piece of cake anymore. Last week we ate at Babbs Creek south of Wellsboro--food and staff were awesome! Will sacrifice ambience for good food these days!!

2  Thank Julie H
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Okay, if you eat here don't bother with appetizers. The soup and salad bar is very filling. Plus the homemade rolls. They had tomato noodle soup when we were there and it was amazing. My girlfriend and I both had broiled haddock stuffed with crab meat. Absolutely would recommend. Also the staff were really on top of things. Our glasses barely emptied before they were being filled.

1  Thank MajDiamondback
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Fantastic steak, awesome salad bar, terrific desserts, wonderful service - Make a reservation; it seems to be pretty popular!

1  Thank Karen P
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had dinner at The Log Cabin Restaurant on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I had made a reservation and when we arrived there were about 6 people waiting in the reception area. A woman with a big smile came over and said "Hi. Are you Kim?" and we were seated immediately. Later in the evening we were chatting with this woman and it turns out she is Pat, the owner. Very happy, friendly person.

I had the broiled seafood platter which included haddock, shrimp, scallops, and a crab cake served on a glass plate shaped like a flounder. It was good.......the scallops were excellent & perfectly seasoned and cooked. My baked potato was very good too. My husband had shrimp alfredo as well as my crab cake and loved both. There is a salad and soup bar that comes with each meal. It has all the usual items you would expect and the lettuce and veggies were cold & crisp. The soup (Ham & bean) was nice and hot. There was an assortment of breads as well.

I had a nice cabernet and my husband had beer.

This really is a log cabin. The sign outside said it was built in 1932. There was a large wood-burning fireplace and the mantle was decorated for the holidays.

The food, service, and atomsophere were all terrific.

1  Thank KimfromPA