“Wonderful stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wellsboro
Bear Mountain Lodge
Ranked #1 of 9 Wellsboro B&B and Inns
Trevorton, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I visited and hiked the PA Grand Canyon, found a lovely spot for dinner and then visited the Corning Glass Museum. The lodge was extremely clean, spacious and friendly. All amenities were readily provided. Verizon cell service not great, but wireless is available. Provided are suggestions for dining, sight seeing and recreation. Private bathroom facilities and a certificate for breakfast in Wellsboro! Fridge stocked with drinks and snacks, as well as a coffee/ tea brewer and fruit. They provide an area to store bicycles, as a rail trail is near. I would highly recommend! (Again.... very clean!) Thank you for a wonderful visit!

Room Tip: The room on the ground floor, Wilderness Suite, is exceptional!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
jim m, Owner at Bear Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Amy W, Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review of Bear Mountain Lodge. I hope we met your expectations and glad you found our home clean and welcoming. Please come see us again.

It's always a beautiful day in Wellsboro,
Jim Meade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We recently biked from Jersey Shore PA to Wellsboro on the Rails to Trail (60 miles) and stayed at The Bear Mountain Lodge just outside of Wellsboro proper. Our correspondence with Jim Meade for directions to the lodge once we got out of the canyon were perfect ( even though i managed to screw them up a bit) and it was a quick road ride off the trail to our destination. The room was ready for our arrival and was perfectly prepared for two weary bike riders who were ready to get off the trail after riding 60 miles on our road bikes.
The indoor jacuzzi tub was just what we needed and worked perfectly. Plenty of hot water and big enough for two adults.
They offer a small breakfast basket in your room with Koerig coffee maker and plenty of coffee choices, teas and hot chocolates. They also offer a 10 dollar voucher for the Wellsboro diner, which we took advantage of. Amanda was kind enough to shuttle us to dinner and then breakfast, before we hit the trail back to Jersey shore. Great location, views, access to town and clean comfortable. What else could you wish for. Well done Bear Mountain Lodge! We will be back.

Room Tip: They have a bike barn to store your bikes over night. Air pumps for your bike tires, but they did no...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike R, Thank you for this detailed review - this will especially be helpful for travelers who plan to come by way of the Rail Trail! I hope it was a perfect trip and you will come see us again. Thank you for your point about road bike valves. Happy travels! Jim Meade
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband I took a scenic drive across Pa. Route 6. Our destination was Wellsboro and the Bear Mountain Lodge for 2 nights to see the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania. The experience was wonderful. The lodge was so clean and had everything for the perfect mountain getaway. The hot tub was great after a long hike in Colton Point State Park and Leonard Harrison State Park viewing the magnificent canyon. Our only regret is that we should have planned for a few more days to take in the Kinzua Bridge State Park and sights further west on Route 6. We want to return to this area soon and will definitely stay at the Bear Mountain Lodge.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
jim m, Front Office Manager at Bear Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear mary b,

We are delighted that you had such a wonderful time at Bear Mountain Lodge! It was our pleasure to have you and we welcome you back any time you take another Route 6 journey! Bear Mountain is very special with snow on the ground too, so don't forget us if you need a winter getaway.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about us!

Amanda
Fredonia, New York
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is the best place. Ever. Beautiful and quiet. The best part for us was that you don't have to have the awkward breakfasts with people you don't know. They give you lovely food, tons of coffee choices, (k-cups...brilliant!)' and money for a very cool little diner that serves breakfast all day. You could easily have the food they give you for breakfast and use the diner money for any meal. They even give you cash back for change. The rooms are beautifull... They think of everything!!!! Super private getaway. We never saw another person until we left, yet if we need something they are right there to provide it. Can't rave enough! Awesome!!!

Room Tip: We had room 7 I think. We had a private section of the deck with deck chairs and a table. Very quiet...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Needyreaderfan,

Oh wow! We are so happy you found our little lodge perfect for you! It sounds like you may have stayed in the Hideaway room at Bear Meadows Lodge. We want to always provide clean rooms that feel secluded and private. So glad you had such a special time! Thank you for writing a TripAdvisor review!

Amanda, for Sherri and Jim
custer, sd
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed in the Wilderness Suite at the Bear Mountain BB and enjoyed a luxury accommodation. It was quiet, the bed wonderful and the various special amenities made us feel special from the chocolate covered strawberries, the great brunch items and the coffee/tea service. The room was full of woodsy bear motif and the soap for the jacuzzi tub was in the shape of a bear. We didn't get to use the bicycles and ride on the close at hand biking trail but we did hike the Grand Canyon of the East during beautiful fall colors. We didn't stay at the other properties (131 Main) or Bear Mountain Meadows but did tour the rooms. The rooms at Bear Meadows were elegant, the rooms at 131 Main in a historic home were homey with the special touch of "silent air conditioning". We hope to return and stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sdyoga,

Thank you for writing a review for us. We are so glad you found the Wilderness Suite to meet all your desires and provide a respite for you! Sherri does a wonderful job preparing the room and making the chocolate-covered strawberries. She definitely pays attention to details and takes pride in making sure you have a great stay! Thanks for writing this review and for sharing your impressions of the rooms in our other properties too!

Happy travels.

Amanda, Sherri and Jim
Rochester, NY
Reviewed November 2, 2013

For my birthday my GF surprised me with a mystery trip that took us to the Bear Mountain Lodge in Wellsboro, Pa. I am not normally at a loss for words, but our two days at the BML has me searching for words adequate to describe my experience.

Upon our arrival I was overwhelmed by the decor and the attractiveness of the Lodge. My GF and I love the Adirondacks, but the Wellsboro area and the Blue Mtn Lodge may now be my new favorite. The Lodge is beautiful. My GF selected Room #2 called The Bear. Perhaps a little small of us for the ambiance of the room was perfect. The bathroom was beautiful and outside our room was a hot tub capable of being private with drapes that close off the entire balcony for absolute privacy.

The BML had everything we wanted. A fully equipped kitchen. Our room had a stocked refrigerator, and fruit and muffins for breakfast. A large flatscreen TV and a gas fireplace.

We meet a delightful couple during our stay and our paths crossed several times during our stay. Absolute privacy is achievable at BML or the pleasure of meeting wonderful people in the common room.

I'll not say anything negative about the Bear Mountain Lodge, because that is just not possible. My GF and I will return again but next time we will opt for one of the larger rooms only because it is our personal preference. The Bear Mountain Lodge exceeded all of our expectations and I would highly recommend a stay here if you're in the area.

My thanks and appreciation to the owner Jim Meade for a wonderful facility and to our delightful host Sherri who made everything so right.

2 Thank Alain L
jim m, Owner at Bear Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear A J L,

What a kind and generous review! Thank you for taking the time. You are right that the Bear room is our smallest. People tend to find it surprisingly cozy and I am glad it was adequate for your stay. My son actually did the tile work of the bear in that shower, so I particularly love that room!

We look forward to seeing you again and I will pass along your kind words to Sherri. She consistently does a fantastic job!

It's always a beautiful day in Wellsboro,
Jim Meade
Bethlehem, PA
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The plan was to meet up with some friends from Canada, just to spend a few days catching up, relaxing, and maybe getting in some biking. I selected Wellsboro on a whim as being a mid-way meeting point for the two couples. Of course I knew about the Grand Canyon of PA and Pine Creek Rail Trail, but that was about it. Bear Mountain Lodge sounded pretty good from the TripAdvisor reviews, so we made our reservations, and am I ever glad we did. BML gives you the feeling of being in the wilderness, while being pampered at the same time. Our room, the Wilderness Suite, had a large tub, fireplace, coffee maker, fridge, snacks, and bathrobes. We had a sitting room where we entertained our friends with champagne we brought along (it was our 30th Anniversary), and with cheese, crackers, and fruit plate provided by the lodge, and waiting for us when we arrived. Everything was clean, and we had privacy to the extent that we were never really sure if anyone else was even there! The location is perfect: A ride into town for dinner took 10 minutes, or to the Log Cabin Inn west of town took 20. Our drive to the Darling Run access to the bike trail was 10 minutes. The great room on the second level is open and spacious, and is stocked with snacks, games, books, and information on local attractions. Of special note was the prompt, courteous service provided by Sherri, who is not only a delightful person, but actually sought us out at the Wellsboro Diner after we checked out to return something we had left behind (when's the last time you experienced THAT level of service?). Our kudos to Jim and staff for getting it right. Bottom line on the Bear Mountain Lodge: We will be back!

Room Tip: LOVED the Wilderness Suite.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
jim m, Owner at Bear Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Cully24,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and it is delightful to me that you actually found us via TripAdvisor! I am so glad that you found your stay comfortable, relaxing and private. The Wilderness suite is our only room with a dedicated visiting area / "living room" area. I am happy you found it to be what you needed. I will pass along your kind words to Sherri, the wonderful hostess at Bear Mountain. She keeps the place running smoothly 24-7!

I hope you are able to meet your friends here again!

Best,
Jim and the Bear Lodges gang
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellsboro
Penn Wells Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 5 in Mansfield

Been to Bear Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!