“Worth the five hour drive...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wellsboro
Bear Mountain Lodge
Ranked #1 of 9 Wellsboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I don't know where to begin with my praise. The room was spectacular. Felt like being in a real log cabin but with all the high end beauty of a hotel 3 x's the cost. Plush bedding, thick towels with robes, comfortable chairs with a beautiful desk and tables,decorative rugs. pictures that created a relaxing atmosphere. A fireplace to warm the room, but there is also noiseless heating. And to top it all off a outdoor private deck facing the most panoromic view from a hot tub. Which was heated when we arrived,102 degree. Plus the amenties were off the charts. In room Keurig with pod selection to please all, fresh fruit, yogurt, muffins, juices, ice tea,and water were replenished each day ( we stayed 3 days). The room was cleaned each day meticulously.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Anthony M
BearLodges, Front Office Manager at Bear Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Anthony M,

We are delighted that you had such a nice time at Bear Meadows! Please consider this your home away from home anytime.

All the best,
Jim and the Bear Lodges team

There are newer reviews for Bear Mountain Lodge

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed in "The Wilds" room from Jan. 7th through the 10th. I cannot say enough about this lodge and the people that make it amazing. They deserve every 5 star review they have received. I should have written this sooner but I'm glad I have now.
Calling the room stunning would be an understatement. The bed is large and very soft with many pillows and comforters. Next to the bed is the gas fireplace. While there is heat in the room the main source of warmth is the fireplace. The large chair on the other side of the bed by the window is very soft leather and became a favorite spot to drink coffee while reading a book. Warning about the fireplace, if you leave it on too long the room will become a sauna. Woke up after falling asleep with it on and went out on the deck to cool off.
Wellsboro is a very sweet town. I've traveled to small towns before but the people here were just incredibly pleasant. We were wished many a good morning as we walked down main street. Bear mountain lodge provides vouchers for the Wellsboro diner, I would recommend the pancake and egg special. You can't beat the price after the $10 is taken off. Also for breakfast our host Sherri brought us assorted muffins (so good, brought all the leftovers home), trail mix, snack bars, and fruit. On the one morning I wasn't feeling well and slept in she left a message on our phones that everything would be waiting for us in bags outside our door. Even in the winter cold the muffins were still warm when we brought them inside.
Lighting in the room is understated, only from lamps, the fireplace, and windows.
The private deck, complete with hot tub is a perfect way to spend an evening on a cold winter night. We went out with cups of hot chocolate, which soon turned to cold chocolate in the wind. You just can't see stars like that near any town. Bear Meadows is just far enough out of town that you can see everything the night sky has to offer but close enough to still enjoy the shops.
This lodge was the perfect setting for me to ask my girlfriend to be my wife. I'm glad I took the time to do my research and find such a great place. We both can't wait to go back.
I have written other reviews for the best places to eat while in Wellsboro.
Notes about the staff, they're amazing. Easiest way to get in touch before hand is definitely by email in my opinion. They always got back to me quickly. Jim was both pleasant, helpful, patient, and kind. I wish I could thank him and Sherri in a more personal way but this will have to do.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you have about The wilds room or Wellsboro.

Room Tip: The Wilds is amazing and very beautiful.
2  Thank MajDiamondback
jim m, Front Office Manager at Bear Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear MajDiamondback:

What an honor that you proposed to your fiancee at Bear Meadows!! We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the Wilds. It has become our most popular room of all three lodges. Please consider us a home away from home anytime. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we appreciate your compliments about Sherri - she does an amazing job.

All the very best and congratulations,
Jim and the Bear Lodges team

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've tried to find other lodges with similar standards as the the Bear Lodges in Wellsboro but I cannot find one. My husband and I recently celebrated our 16th anniversary at Bear Meadows. We stayed in the Bear Mountain Lodge 2 years ago and decided to try out the newer lodge this time. Beautiful, divine, perfect. My expectations were already high from our previous experience and this time we were just as pleased. Although there is no check-in process, the overall feeling is personal and safe. My husband is not one for socializing so the privacy was perfect. It was below freezing during the time we went and the hot tub was divine under a full moon. Everything here is perfect. Every detail is well thought out and delivered. My mother-in-law had called ahead and ordered a cheese/fruit tray so that was waiting for us in the room when we arrived and was a wonderful extra surprise. I love everything about this place. They have come upon the perfect formula for success. They create the environment for magic to happen. Deep appreciation to the Bear Lodges team.

Room Tip: The large deck and hot tub off of "The Wilds" room was wonderful.
3  Thank Trisha713
jim m, Front Office Manager at Bear Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear Trisha713,

Thank you so very much for this kind post! We are glad you took the leap to try our newer lodge. We have a number of Bear Mountain visitors who want to try it but stick to what they know. We are glad you found Bear Meadows as comfortable! The Wilds room seems to be a favorite for many! Thank you for choosing to spend your anniversary with us.

Jim, Sherri and Amanda

Reviewed February 1, 2013

The place was absolutely beautiful. It is the most relaxing vacation you can take in just a weekend. The lodged is quiet, secluded, very clean and just beautiful. The staff is super friendly and helpful. The lodge is right by the main strip in town and only miles from the pa grand canyon. I would absolutely stay there again and would recommend it to anyone who needs a relaxing weekend away.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank angielynn23
jim m, Owner at Bear Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Thank you, angielynn23. We strive to provide the highest standard of cleanliness and I am so glad you found that to be the case. Please return to relax with us at any time!

~Jim, Amanda and Sherri
"It's a beautiful day in Wellsboro."

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Bear Mountain Lodge is the perfect getaway! We can't say enough wonderful things! Everything is so cozy & relaxing! Staff are very thoughtful. The tiny touches are always appreciated! We've stayed twice & have already booked our third stay!! We will continue to return over & over!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Terryandlizalebkicher

Wow - what a lovely review! We are so glad you are already planning your next trip - hopefully you consider us your woodland retreat and feel at home when you stay. All the very best, Jim and the Bear Lodges crew

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Every last detail was thought of and ready for us when we arrived and the personal touches were a nice suprise. The lodge and surroundings were beautiful and it was so relaxing. The hot tub was a great way to start and end the day. I would suggest Bear Mountain Lodge to anyone wanting a great weekend getaway.

Room Tip: hot tub rooms a must for a romantic and relaxing experience
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
jim m, Owner at Bear Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

We were delighted you chose our lodge for your getaway! A bear told us it was your birthday and we hope it was a good spot for celebrating! Thank you for your compliments. We strive to think of the details and appreciate so very much that you took the time to write a review! All the very best, Jim and the Bear Lodges team

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Better than what we expected! Pleasantly surprised by the privacy, seclusion, cleanliness and warm tiles in the bathroom. Nice touch with the personalized welcome sign(s). Hot tub was great as well as the surprise bag with extras. Bed was VERY comfortable. Looking forward to visiting this wonderful place again. Breakfast at the Diner was delicious. We discovered Wellsboro is a great place to visit. We'll be staying again, just adding an extra night :) Staff? What staff? We didn't see any but didn't need to it was so very well prepped. Thanks again!

Room Tip: We didn't know what to expect when we were changed from our first choice but were pleasantly sur...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roselaw2
jim m, Owner at Bear Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

We are so glad we met your expectations! We would love to have you return sometime soon! Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. Best, Jim

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellsboro
Penn Wells Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 5 in Mansfield

Been to Bear Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!