“Great experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weatherly
RoundStone Camping Resort
Reviewed August 28, 2011

My sister and I stayed in the Buckhorn cabin and it was very nice. The cabin is brand new and very clean. It has air conditioning which worked very well. It was hot out when we went. This cabin does lack a few things that the owner may add. There is very little storage space and no mirror. It could use some shelves to provide more space to store things. The refrigerator is a small dorm sized refrig. The outhouse were very clean and low odor when we went. The shower is a rubbermaid storage shed located in the back of the cabin. There is a small container of water which is attached to a heater which gets feed into a garden house giving you about 5 minutes of hot water. The shower could use a light, mirror and place to hold your shampoo and soap in the shed. The key to the shower is to prewash and be very quick because the hot water doesn't last long. It will take about an hour to reheat the water up again. Primitive but if you really want to shower it worked. The cabin sit's across the road from the stream. The back of the cabin is very private. The waterfall cabin is in a beautiful spot which you get to crossing a really cool suspended foot bridge. The cabin is older and does have a strong musty smell which maybe a problem if you have allergies. The outback cabin is also in a very nice spot and very secluded- great place for a family reunion. Lots of room for tents. This cabin is also older and has a strong musty smell too. All the campsite were private and had great locations. My 19 year old son stopped by for a visit for a few nights and enjoyed exploring the campground by foot and on bike. This is a wonderful little jewel of a campground and the owners and their children were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sistertravelers
There are newer reviews for RoundStone Camping Resort

Reviewed August 22, 2011

From arrival to check out, the stay at this resort was absolutely wonderful. The tent sites are secluded and well kept. The owners were very nice and full of information about the surrounding area. Even though it rained like crazy on the first and last day of our stay, I still must admit that this was my favorite camping adventure to date. Cant wait to book my next trip here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank CRivers78
Reviewed August 16, 2011

A group of about 20 of us rented the Buckhorn and Outback cabins. I could not have been happier with the Outback! Private, clean, stream side...it was perfect!!! Our own little secluded world. There was plenty of room to explore, set up a tent, and even play a game of horse shoes. The kids spent time fishing, hiking and looking for frogs and lizards. We made Smores over the campfire, cooked all of our meals on the grill and ended the night in a comfy bed. Jill was amazing!! So accommodating and on top of everything. She had little extras in the rooms that really came in handy- including a vacuum, water cooler, candles, and a fly swatter! LOL! It just goes to show that she thinks about everyone's needs and is one step ahead.
We drove to Jim Thorpe to explore the town, but were content hanging out at the site. It is so peaceful and relaxing. We cut our trip a bit short due to horrible rain, but my husband and I plan to return in the fall...ALONE!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We just left a great weekend at the Roundstone Resort. We rented two cabins (the Waterfall and Buckhorn), which are a 3 minute walk from each other. The property itself is really nice and completely secluded. The owners are also really nice. Jill, who runs Roundstone for her family, was really available and went out of her way to make our stay a pleasant one. Also, one of my friends left the top of his new jeep down- we were white water rafting and it started pouring. Luckily, Jill went out of her way to put up the top of the jeep and rescued it! My friend was incredibly appreciative... he was freaking out on the river.

We do a reunion once a year and we'll definitely consider going back next year. There were 10 of us this year, which was a little much for the two cabins. Two of us had to sleep on the floor. The waterfall cabin is also a great spot for a couple. Everyone was talking about how they'd like to go back with their wife/girlfriend.

-Mitch

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank MitchSF1
Reviewed August 4, 2011

As a younger man I had done my share of "secluded" camping through large national and state parks (mostly in PA and TX), but now that I have a family, I wanted a camping experience that was more suited to my wife and 6yr old son. Roundstone was perfect fit. We stayed in the waterfall cabin, which as promised, was a bit off the main drive and located directly next to a waterfall that made waking up early a pleasure. My son and I were twenty paces from "instant" fishing, which gave him no end of pleasure.

Roundstone had enough amenities to ensure my wife was comfortable, and was rustic enough to quench my need to get outside for a bit and commune with nature. Trails were great for afternoon walks. Plenty of deer and other wildlife to find and watch. Firewood was close and abundant. Fresh water was avail (thanks Jill!), and the beds were clean and comfortable. This was my sons first camping experience and he had a great time, asking on the car ride home again and again "when will we go back?"

I can assure you, it will be soon.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Words cannot explain the trip we had. It is so breathtaking and the owners are just unbelievably kind. We have two boys twelve and nine and always did the kid oriented campground. So we decided to try something more secluded and couldnt have been more happy. Our children want to come to Roundstone and nowhere else now. We been there three times in one month!!! Just can't get enough of the nature. We love it so much and get so disappointed to leave :( It is so peaceful, a stream to swim in, hiking beautiful trails, listening to the waterfall, and fishing. We saw many deer on our hikes!! Just a gorgeous place to stay. Everything is just so clean and neat. Jill even adds little things to make your cabin feel like home. A candle on the porch, a pinic tablecloth. The best thing we all enjoy is a log book thats left for you to sign in and read other visitors adventures. Really cool. Jill thankyou for our wonderful getaways at Roundstone :) See you soon- Erika, Dave, and boys

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2011

My boyfriend & I and our 2 dogs have stayed here before and love it! We will probably visit at least 2x a year or more if I can help it :) we've only stayed at the tent sights but the cabins look amazing too! The tent sights are clean, set up real well and by a stream. Beautiful! The resort is set up real well too, you feel as though you are the only ones there. The owners are super accommodating and friendly! Thanks again for an awesome weekend!

• Stayed: July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weatherly
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton
Inn at Jim Thorpe
Inn at Jim Thorpe
#1 of 1 in Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Hazleton
Hampton Inn Hazleton
#1 of 8 in Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
#2 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to RoundStone Camping Resort? Share your experiences!