“Mouth Watering Food”

Hot Rod's House of Bar-B-Que
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Waynesburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 11, 2013

If you are traveling South of Washington, Pennsylvania on Interstate 79-S, get off at the Waynesburg Exit for the best barbecue that money can buy. Hot Rod's has an extensive menu with all of the barbecue cooked on the premises. The food is freshly made and the sauce is a well kept secret. The owners, Rod and Stephanie are very outgoing and friendly. The prices at Hot Rod's House of Barbecue are really great and the fact that they can also do upscale parties and catering really is a plus. There's a nice bar on one side of the restaurant with tables and booths and they also have 2 more rooms for additional seating. If you pass this one by, you'll be sorry. It's the best food that I have had in a long time!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The food here is great. We were there on a Friday night, so it was quite busy. We had an appetizer, a few drinks and 2 entrees (the portions were very generous, way more than we could eat) all for $38. The BBQ and ribs are some of the best I have ever had. We will be sure to eat here again next time we are in town.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Have been going here since it opened. Followed it to new premises. Pretty good local BBQ--especially the pulled pork. They have delicious chips and fries (though they run out quite often, so I suggest calling to check first, because they are very good); my FAVORITE item are the garlic rolls. My family calls them crack rolls: deep fried bread absolutely smothered in garlic butter, like dripping. So amazing.

Service is so-so. I've had great servers and I've had terrible ones. It's hit or miss. The atmosphere is good; they have a restaurant side and a bar side so it's nice they are separate. Good prices on beer.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Don't eat here if you're on any sort of a schedule, and don't expect your food to be very good. The service is EXTREMELY slow, the wait staff is too small for the number of customers, and the food has been worse each time I've eaten there. The owner has a select group of customers that are his pals, and if you aren't part of it, he treats you like dirt. I won't be going back.

7  Thank Kenny M
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Good prices and large portions. Food was average and staff were ok. Items were drenched in BBQ sauce.

1  Thank missinmyjeep