“My room was not cleaned one out of the four nights of my...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Waynesburg
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Waynesburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Upon arrival was greeted with a very pleasant reservationist who was helpful, respectful and made sure I felt very comfortable. She also assisted me with a reservation concern/mishap I had that was done on line. This was my first time in a Microtel Inn and I was very pleasantly surprised and impressed. The atmosphere was welcoming and my room was cozy. In the morning I was greeted by all staff members that I encountered whom made me feel important. Loved the waffles for breakfast. I would highly recommend Microtel Inn and will use them for all my future accommodation needs when in Waynesburg VA.

Gwen H.

Room Tip: Room facing the front of the building had a lovely sunny view, and 3rd floor was convenient to vendi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Waynesburg
Reviewed October 15, 2013

From check in to check out the experience was easy going and pleasant. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate our every need. The facility was clean and very comfortable. I look forward to returning when I get back to that area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hilliard
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Hotel was very clean and the staff was excellent. Check in and out was fast and easy, and the continental breakfast had a much larger variety usual.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Matthew Y, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Waynesburg, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hi Chris -
Thanks for your kind words about our hotel. So glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that you found the breakfast to be better than expected! We hope to see you again.
Waterloo, New York
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here on our way south, the lady at the front desk was nice, told me it was the last room, non smoking queen suite. We walked in the room and the smell of smoke was horrible. I wear oxygen, so this made it even worse. I went down and told the lady at the desk and she said, oh sorry, I'll make a note of it. Since it was late and we had already been on the road for hours we stayed. The pillows smelled horrible. The next morning when I checked out, I told the lady at the desk about the room. I wanted to make sure she knew it wasn't us. Well she was all about charging the man who had been in the room previously and she would be sure to change the pillows. I'm really not sure how the cleaning staff couldn't have smelled it. And the lighting in the room is horrible. There are no soft lights next to the bed just big hospital type exam lights lining the ceiling. The room was not comfortable either.

Room Tip: check the room before you buy!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew Y, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Waynesburg, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear lovestotravel74,

I was sorry to read about your troublesome stay with us in Waynesburg. As our desk staff alerted you, we had a non-smoking room available at the time. Unfortunately it appears we had a guest previously who chose not to acknowledge and adhere to our no-smoking policy. When that happens we have an obligation to our next guest to be sure we extensively service and clean that room when its evident it was smoked in. Clearly this was not the case and we will certainly discuss this matter with our associates to correct in the future. I do hope you'll consider us on your next stay.

Warm regards,

Matthew Young
Sandpoint, Idaho
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Bring a lamp if u want to read in bed or u want even a semblance of atmosphere in ur room. I've not stayed in one of these before. Fluorescent tube bulbs above beds ( we had 2 Queens) the length of room with mirrors under them, also the length of room. Clean, nice people. No one but desk clerk after 2pm. Simple continental breakfast. Would Not stay again.

Room Tip: Just bring a lamp. It reminded me of a hospital room.. We had to change rooms after my sis accident...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew Y, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Waynesburg, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
KR, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay and look to use this information to improve future stays for all or guests. It is our goal to provide a clean, comfortable room including the lighting and its appearance. It sounds like we missed the mark with overall atmosphere, but I am pleased you found the room and our facility to be clean. I do hope you'll give us another try should you return to Waynesburg.
Medina
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Rooms were clean and very up to date staff was friendly and welcoming overall I would stay again and recommend to a friend

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thanks for reviewing our hotel! I am so glad to hear that our staff made you feel welcome and cared for. We strive to ensure a quality stay which includes all aspects of the hotel. As we are a new management group, our focus is to enhance what we already are doing well and evaluate how we can improve in other areas, such as the breakfast hours. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesburg
Hampton Inn Waynesburg
Hampton Inn Washington
Hampton Inn Washington
#3 of 20 in Washington
Hampton Inn & Suites California University - Pittsburgh

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Waynesburg? Share your experiences!