“Restaurant re-opened as Keystone Family Restaurant”
Review of 88 Spices - CLOSED

88 Spices
Cuisines: American, International
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
“Restaurant re-opened as Keystone Family Restaurant”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I did not like the 88 Spices or previous Mt Gate restaurant at this site. However, My wife and I have thoroughly enjoyed breakfast at this reopened restaurant. the breakfast buffet on the weekends is excellent and very inexpensive. During the week the breakfast from the menus is just as good.
The service has been very good and the atmosphere is quiet and very nice.

• Visited January 2014
6 Thank rmstitely

Hagerstown, Maryland
“Not So Good, I think it is closing”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This restaurant is in the former location of the Mountain Gate. Unfortunately, it is not the same good, home-cooking place. We gave it a try and found the food and service has declined. We now see that it is closed and will reopen under new management.

• Visited November 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Good food, good service. We enjoyed the spice Chinese there, especially the beef and fish. The desert was also great.

Visited February 2013
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Horribe”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We ate at this place 9/11/13. It was absolutely horrible. My Husband is not a hard person to please when it comes to food, but even he wouldn't finish his meal. If you like food with absolutely no flavor and out of a can, eat here. The only thing on the menu that was even remotely edible was the prime rib...By the time we got home (a 15 minute drive) my Husband, my Son and myself were having pains in our stomachs from the food. Needless to say I would absolutely NOT eat there again or recommend it to ANYONE>>>>

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jackie H
Smithsburg, Maryland
“Much Better Than the Mt Gate”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is the first time we have visited this restaurant since it changed from the Mt Gate. The décor is much more up-to-date but the 80s music played in the background is an odd choice imo. The buffet is still as extensive but the food seems fresher and there seems to be more variety. We liked the herb rolls, meatballs and the vegetable lasagna best. There are SO many desserts to choose from. The caramel custard was awesome. The staff was very friendly and the price was pretty good. Only $7.95 per person for lunch. We will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2013