“Hotel for College visits worked well.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Philadelphia Devon

Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
Chicago, Illinois
“Hotel for College visits worked well.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

My daughter and I visited Haverford, Bryn Mawr and Villanova and stayed at this hotel. It worked very well. A little hard to find behind a shopping area, but once there, very nice. Quiet, large rooms with a nice breakfast place on the premisis (not included in the price). I used the fitness center which was very adequate. The front desk was helpful in finding a restaurant for dinner and it is located in an area with many choices.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim289
Kara M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Devon, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Jim289,
Thank you very much for your review of the Devon Courtyard. We are located near many wonderful Colleges and Universities! I hope your daughter liked the area too and that we will see you again when you come to visit her at one of these great schools.
Wishing you both the best in your search!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed two nights while visiting family in Bryn Mawr so we know the area. We wanted a nice quiet room and that's exactly what we got. We stayed in a King room on the third floor near the back of the property & even parked and used the card key swipe back entrance for our coming & going. Starbucks in the lobby, WaWa across the drive and Whole Foods across the street, location was perfect once you maneuver in. As others noted, really strange having the TV face a sofa and not your bed; bizarre furniture placement for the King room. The towels were thin and felt industrial. However our bed was big, soft and comfy with a clean fresh white cotton comforter. Great quiet sleep with the white noise air conditioner. Excellent WiFi and plenty of outlets.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kara M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Devon, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Barbie892,
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay. We are located in a quiet more residential area with lots of great shopping and restaurants too! My Team and I are glad you enjoyed your stay and look to host you and you husband again, next time you are visiting the area.
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. I asked for a room near the back and received it. The room was clean and quiet. The bed was nice and soft. We had a king size bed and what was weird is that the bed faced the window and not the TV. The sofa faced the TV and it would have been nice if the bed did too. There was no channel guide so we didn't know what channels were available without surfing. We were hoping the room TV carried CNBC so we could watch a hockey game. It wasn't but the lobby TV carried the channel so we were able to watch the game in a comfortable lounge area in the lobby. For the price of this room, a complimentary breakfast should be included. This feature is offered in many hotels now. They had food available for purchase for breakfast, lunch and dinner though it is a bit pricey. We ate here 2 of the 3 mornings during out stay. I would recommend this hotel to others. I would have given it 5 stars if they provided a complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MinnesotaVisitor
Kara M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Devon, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear MinnesotaVisitor,

Thank you for your comments about the hotel and all the ammenities within the hotel. We are actually in the process of adding CNBC due to guest feedback like yours. We do have the Bistro that offers breakfast and dinner everyday. While it is not included in the room, it is a great option for guests who want to dine in. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for recommending the Devon Courtyard!
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I've always liked this hotel. It's reasonably priced and in a good location for when I visit the area. It's clean and well-appointed. But I believe this is the first hotel in a long time that doesn't have a pot of coffee for free in the lobby in the morning. Yes, they have the little coffee pot in the room but I'm sure that I'm not the only one that finds the coffee in the room awful.
Luckily, there's a Whole Foods right across the street where you can pick up a nice coffee and pastries.
I will definitely look at another hotel in the area for my next trip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kara M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Devon, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Bernie987,
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at the Devon Courtyard. I appreciate the fact that you have chosen to stay with us over the years while you were in town visting. I understand your comments regarding the coffee in the lobby. About a year and a half ago, Courtyards removed the complimentary coffee from the lobby and offered a upgraded verson of it in the guestrooms. We do brew and sell Starbucks coffee in our Bistro 24/7. I hope you will give us another opporunty to serve you in the future based on your comments about the price, location and room. Thank you!
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Courtyard Philadelphia Devon was less than where the other alums were staying so we saved a few $$$. The location was good since we are former Philly area residents and know our way around. The room was comfortable and quiet by our standards. I would stay there again. We did not eat there. A quick over nite stay. :-)

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StacyW4
Dear StacyW4,

Thank you for your review of the Devon Courtyard. I am so pleased that you and your group enjoyed your stay. It sounds like your reunion was a great time and I hope you got to reconnect with a lot of friends. We look for your visit again soon!
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed here one night with friends while visiting Villanova University. This was a nice hotel for the price, and was just fine for our needs. The room was clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. We slept well while staying here.

The hotel lobby sold food and drinks for breakfast, which I found to be a little pricey. A cup of regular "Starbucks" brand coffee was over $5.00 a cup.

Overall, this was an above average hotel and the value was very good. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the back of the hotel. Although we were near the pool, we had no issues.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kara M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Devon, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Jack3738,
Thank you so much for takng the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and slept well in our great beds. Our Bisto does serve Starbucks 24/7 and you are right the beverages range from $1.91 for a regular drip coffee to just under $5 for a Venti speciality beverage. We are a quiet hotel close to Villanova with great rates and an indoor pool. I hope to see you and your wife again, next time you are in town!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Make sure to check in on the day shift so you can meet Laura @ reception ..Service Service Service!(with a smile)That service carried over to her night shift coworkers as well. This is a Clean, FRIENDLY, efficient place with special personal touch from staff. Large comfy rooms, nice indoor pool solarium, which is next door to a convenient laundry room, a great place to wait whilst you clean your college kids clothes while visiting!Great location with all amenities and shopping withing walking distance.Any question or need was immediately answered, and the personal "Laura" mom touch made me feel like I was at home. Its a MUST stay for College parents and families.

Room Tip: Been here many times, but the rooms overlooking the courtyard are nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kara M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Devon, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Mrs. Jane C,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about Laura our Outstanding Front Desk Associate. She was nominated and won Associate of the year for the Phladelphia Area for 2013!! She does know what Customer Service is as she has been with Marriott for over 25 years! Thank you for the wonderful comments about the whole Team. They love what they do and I thank you for sharing your thoughts with others. We look forward to your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Radnor Hotel
Radnor Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wayne
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Philadelphia Marriott West
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken
Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Devon? Share your experiences!