“Nice hotel for the price”

Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Wayne
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed here one night with friends while visiting Villanova University. This was a nice hotel for the price, and was just fine for our needs. The room was clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. We slept well while staying here.

The hotel lobby sold food and drinks for breakfast, which I found to be a little pricey. A cup of regular "Starbucks" brand coffee was over $5.00 a cup.

Overall, this was an above average hotel and the value was very good. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the back of the hotel. Although we were near the pool, we had no issues.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Kara M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Devon, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear Jack3738,
Thank you so much for takng the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and slept well in our great beds. Our Bisto does serve Starbucks 24/7 and you are right the beverages range from $1.91 for a regular drip coffee to just under $5 for a Venti speciality beverage. We are a quiet hotel close to Villanova with great rates and an indoor pool. I hope to see you and your wife again, next time you are in town!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Make sure to check in on the day shift so you can meet Laura @ reception ..Service Service Service!(with a smile)That service carried over to her night shift coworkers as well. This is a Clean, FRIENDLY, efficient place with special personal touch from staff. Large comfy rooms, nice indoor pool solarium, which is next door to a convenient laundry room, a great place to wait whilst you clean your college kids clothes while visiting!Great location with all amenities and shopping withing walking distance.Any question or need was immediately answered, and the personal "Laura" mom touch made me feel like I was at home. Its a MUST stay for College parents and families.

Room Tip: Been here many times, but the rooms overlooking the courtyard are nice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Kara M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Devon, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Mrs. Jane C,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about Laura our Outstanding Front Desk Associate. She was nominated and won Associate of the year for the Phladelphia Area for 2013!! She does know what Customer Service is as she has been with Marriott for over 25 years! Thank you for the wonderful comments about the whole Team. They love what they do and I thank you for sharing your thoughts with others. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed here for two nights last weekend after losing power in the ice storm. To be honest, I didn't know the hotel was there, and I have lived less than a mile away for the past ten years. Our stay was terrific, even though the hotel had only just got power back that night. The rooms are large and very comfortable, decor is modern and stylish. Best of all, the service was outstanding. There were large numbers of ice storm refugees who were clearly all last minute reservations, but the management and staff kept things moving smoothly and went out of their way to look after us. The food from the bistro was more than adequate, and the kids loved having the pool to let out their cabin fever.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear JAS1018,

What a rough Winter! I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The ice storm definitely took it's toll on this area, but when things happen it is nice to know there is a place to go. We are here for you should you need us again and I am so glad that your family enjoyed their visit and was able to have some fun too!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We were in the area to attend a funeral and needed a quiet, comfortable place to stay. We had advance registration but it took a little looking for before we actually found hotel-- it's kind of hidden from the road-- but once we arrived, all was fine. Clean, modern, well-appointed, it was nice and quiet. The room was very clean and up to date. The restaurant offered nice breakfast fare. The staff was friendly and helpful. High marks for this place!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Kara M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Devon, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Steve3434,

Thank you for your comments about your stay last weekend. I am sorry to hear the circumstances for which you were visiting. We are a little hidden from Route 30/Lancaster Ave. I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. My Team and I are very proud of the Devon Courtyard.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had a king sized room, and the beds were very comfortable with plenty of pillows just as plump as I like. The only problem is that the television is on the side of the bed, so if my husband were on his side or perched on pillows, I couldn't see it. (Much better to have a TV at the foot of the bed.) On the other hand, we didn't really come to be in the room and watch TV. The design of the rooms and the lobby is pleasant and contemporary.

One warning, the sign designating the entrance to the property is very small, as is the sign in front of the hotel. We spent about 10 minutes locating it, so give yourself time even with a GPS because the hotel is behind other buildings when you are driving down the street.

The only negative point was the lady at check-in. The check-in lady could have been much more helpful; she refused to take the simple step to call my mom who had just checked in to see if she was paying for our rooms, although the rooms were reserved under her name and she had preceded us into the hotel by about 5 minutes and was in one of their rooms which they could call. She required my mom, who had dealt with sitting in an airport for 8 hours that day, to come back down to tell her. No signing anything; just to tell her. The check-in lady could have called the room and been pretty sure it really was my mother, but, no.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard. The rooms on the second and third floors have small balconies.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have stayed here on business a number of times. It is clean, well kept, and comfortable. The internet is temperamental sometimes but works and is free!
There is sometimes a queue at the bistro for breakfast and they are sometimes backed up but they manage and food is okay. Just give yourself a bit of extra time in the morning.
It works as a hotel for business.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2013

As a frequent business traveler (great than 6 months a year) , I look for comfort and consistency when selecting a repeat hotel option. The staff at this Marriott Courtyard provides a welcoming atmosphere and the rooms are comfy. A Whole Foods is across the street which is key!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Kara M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Devon, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you Howie11999 for your great comments about my staff at the Devon Courtyard. I am also happy to hear you say that you look for consistency and comfort and that you have found that at our hotel. We are across the street from the Whole Foods in Devon and love to suggest them for a lunch or dinner along with the other restaurants nearby. Thanks again for taking the time to write your wonderful comments! My Team appeciates them very much!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Radnor Hotel
Radnor Hotel
#4 of 6 in Wayne
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia
Philadelphia Marriott West
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Devon? Share your experiences!