“Great pool!”

Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed here when our daughter and her friend were visiting colleges in the area. Our rooms were nicely appointed, clean, and quiet. The indoor pool was beautiful and large and we had it all to ourselves. We'd definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Kara M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Devon, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the pool during your stay. We are located near many great Colleges and Universities. I look forward to hosting you and your family should your daughter choose on of the schools in our area.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed here 5 nights in June 2012.

Reception staff was friendly and effective.
Room is good. I had a 3rd floor room with 2 queens. The bed was very comfortable. There was a large working desk, which I appreciated being there for business. Room and bathroom were very clean and room service was perfect every day. Small points of potential improvement are: the bathroom which is getting a little outdated and the TV quality was not excellent.
Lobby is great and offers good breakfast. The indoor pool was a welcome place to relax as is the nice patio.
Next door is a Kmart and some other shops and restaurants.
Check my other 2 reviews to see where I had dinner.
Interesting excursion to Valley Forge Nat Park (15min drive) and nearby huge mall at King of Prussia.

Room Tip: I had a room on the top floor on the outside in the east wing. There was sometimes noice from the ne...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I recently stayed here 1 night for business travel.
Very courteous checkin experience sets the right tone. I also received a free room upgrade as a Marriott Rewards member. I checked in very late, and it was the last room they had saved for me. They could have easily saved a regular room, but they kept the suite saved instead. This is great customer service.
Very clean. Actually has a courtyard! And a nice indoor pool area that I did not have time to use, unfortunately.
Room was quite large and comfortable. No problems with comfort or access to the internet. The room had large windows and a balcony.
I had no issues at all at this hotel. I would stay here again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Rooms are lovely and CLEAN. Beds are comfortable. Public areas are well kept with lively decor. Pool area is clean and quite nice. Staff is friendly and helpful. Lobby Bistro is not exactly gormet dining but great for a quick breakfast or dinner. All in all a great place to stay for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Kara M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Devon, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed the pool area, rooms, new beds, renovated lobby and Bistro and most importantly our
Friendly Team! I look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I have stayed at the Courtyard Devon many times over the past two years while travelling business. You get what you expect in a Courtyard hotel at this property - clean rooms (though some a little dated), pleasant service, basic amenities (pool, washer, small exercise room).

The primay positives for me include:

Very quiet sleeping accomodations - I am a light sleepr, and I have never heard highway noise of any kind from this property.

Great location - I like being in central Wayne and having the ability to walk to Whole Foods or any of several local restaurants rather than eat at the hotel restaurant.

Nice staff - they have alowed me to extend my stay on more than one occasion even though the hotel sows as sold out on-line.

The biggest drawback for me is probably the excruciatingly tiny exercise room; however, it is more than made up for by the points above.

Room tip - request a courtyard/internal facing room to help ensure a quiet night's sleep.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sempo
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My son is a student at nearby Villanova University and we always try to stay at the Courtyard when we are in town. The Courtyard Marriott Devon is not your average Courtyard. The service is very friendly. I was able to check-in early, so that I could return to campus to help my son pack.
The bistro in the lobby has a limited, breakfast menu, which makes the service pretty quick. The bistro opens again in the evening for light supper and cocktails. It is a nice option when you don't have the time for a full meal. My son and I ended up needing to stay in town for a few extra days and the front desk was very helpful. I was able to get a weekend rate for my additional days.
Our only complaint was the wifi was very slow.

Room Tip: The location is a tricky. The Courtyard entrance is through a strip mall parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed here for the second time after having no problems the last time and resonable rates. After checking in around 9:30PM I was put in a room directly within a block of rooms held by a high school basketball team, who were slamming doors, congregating all over, making loud noise, etc etc. Plus I was right across from the ice machine and elevator. It didn’t take me 10 minutes to realize that I would need to change rooms if I wanted to stay sane and get a good night’s rest.

I called the front desk and after the nice gal checked, she found me a room on the other side of the hotel, specifically away from the several teams staying in the hotel that night. Plus it was an upgrade to a suite as well! We slept great and didn’t hear a peep all night. I was very impressed with the front desk staff who was willing to do what was needed to make me a happy guest, and was not the slightest bit annoyed or aggervated at my request. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Everything was as it was last time: clean rooms with some upgrades done some still remaining. The bathroom in the suite was very tiny but that was due to the small kitchen/wet bar type counter on the other side. Both rooms had a nice new 32’’ HDTV(about 12 HD channels plus the usuals), not just the main room. We were disapointed we could not hang out outside by the nice gas firepit due to the wet weather, it’s a great way to unwind/relax.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Radnor Hotel
Philadelphia Marriott West
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Devon? Share your experiences!