“Everything top notch”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
Westminster, CO
“Everything top notch”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I recently stayed here 1 night for business travel.
Very courteous checkin experience sets the right tone. I also received a free room upgrade as a Marriott Rewards member. I checked in very late, and it was the last room they had saved for me. They could have easily saved a regular room, but they kept the suite saved instead. This is great customer service.
Very clean. Actually has a courtyard! And a nice indoor pool area that I did not have time to use, unfortunately.
Room was quite large and comfortable. No problems with comfort or access to the internet. The room had large windows and a balcony.
I had no issues at all at this hotel. I would stay here again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Rooms are lovely and CLEAN. Beds are comfortable. Public areas are well kept with lively decor. Pool area is clean and quite nice. Staff is friendly and helpful. Lobby Bistro is not exactly gormet dining but great for a quick breakfast or dinner. All in all a great place to stay for business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Kara M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Devon, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed the pool area, rooms, new beds, renovated lobby and Bistro and most importantly our
Friendly Team! I look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I have stayed at the Courtyard Devon many times over the past two years while travelling business. You get what you expect in a Courtyard hotel at this property - clean rooms (though some a little dated), pleasant service, basic amenities (pool, washer, small exercise room).

The primay positives for me include:

Very quiet sleeping accomodations - I am a light sleepr, and I have never heard highway noise of any kind from this property.

Great location - I like being in central Wayne and having the ability to walk to Whole Foods or any of several local restaurants rather than eat at the hotel restaurant.

Nice staff - they have alowed me to extend my stay on more than one occasion even though the hotel sows as sold out on-line.

The biggest drawback for me is probably the excruciatingly tiny exercise room; however, it is more than made up for by the points above.

Room tip - request a courtyard/internal facing room to help ensure a quiet night's sleep.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sempo
Chicago, IL
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My son is a student at nearby Villanova University and we always try to stay at the Courtyard when we are in town. The Courtyard Marriott Devon is not your average Courtyard. The service is very friendly. I was able to check-in early, so that I could return to campus to help my son pack.
The bistro in the lobby has a limited, breakfast menu, which makes the service pretty quick. The bistro opens again in the evening for light supper and cocktails. It is a nice option when you don't have the time for a full meal. My son and I ended up needing to stay in town for a few extra days and the front desk was very helpful. I was able to get a weekend rate for my additional days.
Our only complaint was the wifi was very slow.

Room Tip: The location is a tricky. The Courtyard entrance is through a strip mall parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed here for the second time after having no problems the last time and resonable rates. After checking in around 9:30PM I was put in a room directly within a block of rooms held by a high school basketball team, who were slamming doors, congregating all over, making loud noise, etc etc. Plus I was right across from the ice machine and elevator. It didn’t take me 10 minutes to realize that I would need to change rooms if I wanted to stay sane and get a good night’s rest.

I called the front desk and after the nice gal checked, she found me a room on the other side of the hotel, specifically away from the several teams staying in the hotel that night. Plus it was an upgrade to a suite as well! We slept great and didn’t hear a peep all night. I was very impressed with the front desk staff who was willing to do what was needed to make me a happy guest, and was not the slightest bit annoyed or aggervated at my request. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Everything was as it was last time: clean rooms with some upgrades done some still remaining. The bathroom in the suite was very tiny but that was due to the small kitchen/wet bar type counter on the other side. Both rooms had a nice new 32’’ HDTV(about 12 HD channels plus the usuals), not just the main room. We were disapointed we could not hang out outside by the nice gas firepit due to the wet weather, it’s a great way to unwind/relax.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A K
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Pretty standard for a Marriott Courtyard. Internet was very slow - they had recently switched to a new provider. Early check in was not a problem. Hallways near pool smelled of chlorine.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Baxter451
Ocean City, New Jersey
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We spent the night here after a party in New Town Square. The Courtyard was easy to get to, with typical Marriott ammenities - great personnel at the front desk, clean rooms, nice pool/spa. Would have liked a free breakfast, but rate was great and restaurant was good and reasonably priced.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Radnor Hotel
Radnor Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wayne
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Philadelphia Marriott West
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Devon? Share your experiences!