“Big TV, bad food, modest service, good for a beer”
Review of Great American Pub

Great American Pub
Ranked #22 of 117 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2013

After the Eagles game I went to get a bit of food and a beer. The waitress ignored me in favor of 3 guys drinking beer at the bar a few feet away. My "garbage" salad was swimming in dressing and had been cut down in size. From where I sat the kitchen floor was pretty dirty. It is better in the summer when you can sit outside and also when you are with a noisy group who are not interseted in the food

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Great American Pub is all over this part of Pennsylvania and deserves its popularity. The atmosphere is...well...pub-like. it has the usual woody feel and the big-screen TVs which unfortunately on this day were carrying the Eagles game. Drinks are good and varied. Service is decent. In mild weather you can enjoy outdoor seating. The food is pretty standard pub faire, though the burgers definitely rise to the top 10% in the Burger sweepstakes. There are a variety of cheeses for the burger but I always stick with good old American. My Bacon Cheeseburger was juicy, served hoit, had interesting flavored home made chips on the side, had that great slightly charred finish and the beef was high quality. The sliders, which I sampled at the Conschohocken branch are splendid,There is plenty of variety. It was a satisfying meal and we'll go to the place again when we are in Wayne. Wayne itself is a fine, agreeable up-scale Main Line town with all kinds of shops, restaurants bars and a fine library and old-fashioned moviie theater. Since the Great American Pub is fairly typical of the many decent pubs in the USA I'd rate it as good but too conventional to be great.

1  Thank TommyBoy94
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Went here with a large party (make reservations) and our meal was very good. I had the burger which was excellent and the onion rings were awesome. Typical pub scene but they do offer pasta and Italian dishes as well. The service could have been a little better as it felt like we were being rushed to order and eat a bit.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

A typical pub setting with atypical pub food selections. Started with the Kobe sliders and onion rings. The sliders practically melt in your mouth. The sesame chicken salad with fruit was absolutely perfect in a blistering hot day, and the white sangria is a must to accompany this delightful salad. My husband had a Rueben and he said it was one of the best he had ever eaten.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I happened to walk in the Great American Pub because it looked inviting and it was near our parking spot.

What a pleasant surprise, our Kobe beef slider appetizers were to die for, my Rubin was very good and my Wife's sesame chicken salad was among the best salads she ever ate.

Service was good and they have a nice selection of beer.

1  Thank swan70

Been to Great American Pub? Share your experiences!