“Good hoagies but grumpy help”

John's Village Market
Ranked #15 of 117 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The Italian subs rock, but it would be nice it the sandwich makers said Please and/or Thank You. Great location next to Wayne train station.

1  Thank EBJ99

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I really miss this place. They fed me all through school. Just back up north for a quick trip, I vowed to stop in on the way home and load up on sandwiches for the family...glad I did. My memory of their fabulous subs was not a fantasy, it's real, and it's still really really good.
Smiling faces greet you in this tiny unassuming deli as you sort through the menu and make a difficult choice(s). I brought home a roasted porl and broccoli rabe, a large italian with the works, macaroni salad, and potato salad. I also bought a t shirt so I woudn't feel sad when the food was all gone....but I was still sad! Those Amoroso rolls and the Deitz and Watson deli meats make a good sandwich, but it's the love that those ladies behind the counter making the sandwiches put into them that makes all the difference. They don't skimp and they don't overcharge either. You really get what you pay for here, and more. I will have to make a pilgramage again next year and drive four hours with the subs in the trunk so I don't eat them all on the way home. I hope they never go out of business. I am a life time fan.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Every time I visit Wayne (for 40 years) I have visited John's for their hoagies. They are the best and taste so fresh. Service is great. This is just a local corner joint, but the real thing. I've lived all over the world and always enjoy my hoagies at John's.

Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

John's is a classic hoagie spot- family run and friendly. Great food.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Their hoagies are made with lbs of premium deli meats and if I'm in the mood to change it up, this is my go-to for the best egg salad sandwich on the main line.

Been to John's Village Market? Share your experiences!