“great brunch”

Black Powder Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Powder Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 114 Restaurants in Wayne
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W Swedesford Rd
Description: Located just outside Valley Forge National Historical Park, Black Powder Tavern combines local flavors (edible AND sip-able) with American history in a pub-like setting. Warm woods and just-dim-enough lighting add to the tavern feel, enhanced by a reclaimed sawn oak bar with 12-cushioned stools (plus 6 high-tops), materials that are echoed in the dining room and in the flooring. Weeknights feature happy hour from 5-7PM, with a reprise happy hour on Thurs., Fri., and Sat. from 9-10PM. On Sundays, a prix fixe brunch is offered from 10:30AM-2PM, and the big game is always on.The menu features a variety of small and entree-sized plates, and highlights the flavors, ingredients and culinary trends Philadelphia has become known for—and that pair well with our extensive craft beer offerings. If you’re looking for a new favorite burger, you’ve come to the right place; our veal and chicken versions are hearty and flavorful, as is our pork sandwich. You’ll also find several salads and sharable items such as deviled eggs with smoked trout, pork and chicken wings, polenta fries, calamari and more; plus a fresh fish of the day (and of course fish ’n’ chips, cedar plank salmon and chicken marsala. Whether you stop in for lunch, dinner, happy hour or Sunday brunch, there’s something to satisfy your hunger, and your taste buds.Beer enthusiasts should take note: there are 24 brews on tap and 39 bottles. The selection is tweaked regularly, so if you’re looking for something new and special (or old and admired), this is the place to come. There’s plenty to satiate non-drinkers as well, including milkshakes made with Franklin Fountain ice cream—for an added historical touch, of course. For more details visit Black Powder Tavern online and tune in via Facebook and Twitter to stay up on beer and menu promotions.
paris
“great brunch”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I love this brunch. simple, yet aweome.
eggs benedict are great, bacon, sausages, eggs.... salads, pasta, swedish meatballs, chicken marsala, chocolate cake, brownies, chocolate fondue, fresh fruits.... whats not to love ?
maybe the large and noisy family gatherings are a bit loud, but go on the terrace and you'"ll be just fine!

• Visited May 2012

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Winberies is berry good - consistently”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have been going to Winberies Sunday brunch for about 10 years. The food is consistently good and the wait staff is friendly and helpful. Great lox! Great baked fish!

Visited December 2012
Collegeville PA
“Always a good meal”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Like to stop in here for lunch from time to time and was most recently here for a department holiday lunch. I always enjoy the food here and I've had their salads, sandwiches, hamburgers, and most recently their Chicken Marsala. The Chicken Marsala was so tender that I was able to cut the chicken with my fork alone. Often times when I get this dish at other places, the chicken is kind of dried out. The beef vegetable soup was very flavorful and the apple pie and cheesecake were delicious. Service has always been good and friendly. Definitely worth giving a try and I will definitely be back.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank GigemAggie
Stone Harbor, New Jersey
“Good for a quick bite but skip the dinner menu”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a good spot for a burger and fries but not o much for the tilapia. The plate looks nice but the fish was tasteless. The drinks are fun and the service good.

Paoli, Pennsylvania
“Very Good...What we were looking for.”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was meeting a business associate who was coming off the PA Turnpike @ Valley Forge.
Winberie is easy to get to.,,about 3 mi. west.,, no traffic. Easy Off, Easy On Rt 202. My wife told me to go here. She and her friends like it. I'm a male, we live in Paoli, but, I hadn't been there in years. I met my business friend and we went to the quieter back room. We talked business and then ordered. He ordered the avocado bruscetta ( I think my spelling is right, please pardon me if it is wrong) as an appetizer. Really Outstanding! The waitress was fun in that she said "they" would be happy that we had ordered it on her recommendation. The rest of the meal, I had a $19 steak, was excellent! My out-of-town business associate enjoyed it. I'll go there again.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Black Powder Tavern? Share your experiences!