“Excellent food, terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Margaret Kuo's

Margaret Kuo's
Reserve with OpenTable
Margaret Kuo's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 113 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Japanese, Sushi
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Louella Avenue
Transit: R5 (Wayne)
Philadelphia
“Excellent food, terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

It took more than half an hour to get the drinks, and the waiter, speaking poor English, had no clue about the rather common cocktails we wanted to order. I had to go to the bartender and explain what it was... The waiter had trouble also understanding the food we wanted. During the dinner he did not come around for service and I had to chase him down by asking another waiter to find him, which also took a lot of time. The manager later explained that he is short of help. The food though was excellent. The atmosphere is reasonable, not too inspiring or comfortable. Due to the very bad service I don't expect to return..

• Visited May 2013

Newport, Rhode Island
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

They make a vegetable dish with broccoli and a delicious light sauce. My only complaint was that they were not as attentive to an allergy I reported to them at the beginning of my meal and served a dessert for the table that clearly would have sent me to the hospital.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ThankxgivingTraveler
New York City, New York
“Lychee Martini- Date night with Husband”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a surprise to find this place in Wayne. The outside looks like an old bank- and from the looks of the people that were walking in I certainly thought it was BUT to my surprise, you can have old world charm Chinese downstairs or fun hip Japanese upstairs. We chose to head upstairs- obvi- but had the choice of both menus. Great date night and the lychee martinis were great!

Visited April 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
“Japanese or Chinese either way you'll most likely be pleased.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

There's something for everyone here. There is a Japanese & Chinese menu to choose from. We ate upstairs & I liked the ambience. My husband ordered King Pau chicken. He said it was the best he ever had. The kids loved the fried rice. We also had steamed edamame to start that was so good we ordered 4 of them. We also had vegetable dumplings steamed, they were a bit mushy. My friend said her udon noodle dish lacked flavor. My Sea bass was good. The service was great. I also liked the fact that they even filter their water. we could taste the difference. I would definitely return & try something different as there are so many dishes to choose from.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank AdventureGirl007
wayne,pa
“The best Chinese and Japanese food in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Superlative food. I eat here frequently, and the food is wonderful. It compares to restaurants in NY, SF, London and Las Vegas. The service is excellent. The owners are often on the premises- wonderful people. Highly recommend.

Visited February 2013