“Not so good”

Malvern, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not so good”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Had been here for a lunch buffet on wednesday after getting a lot of good note from my colleagues.

The food served was either mediocre or bad , never good. This was the feeling among all the group we went with this day.

The rice was very dry, soup was just like thick water with spices, no taste. Very less space to walk around, I found at-least 10 times people colliding during my 30 mins time there in restaurant.

The desserts was horrible, particularly Rasamalai was floating in viscous stuff, the it was some tasteless lump. Gajar Halwa was cooked too much, it was like a paste.

The only good thing I can tell that in fruit salad I found Lychee fruit. Unfortunately it was emptied soon, it was never refilled. The same happened for most of the items , it was not filled promptly. There was a long queue waiting for the guys to fill things.

There was 4 varieties of chicken it was ok, pure vegetarians will have to suffer here as they have very less options.

The food was priced competitively I would say for 9.99 lunch buffet the items served was too many but not good. One like to fill stomach with some Indian food for less price then go for this.

My colleagues who recommended this hotel felt the quality fell down compared to their last visit.

I dont feel like going in there again, donot recommend for people who like to have good food.

• Visited April 2012

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“An unexpected delight with BYOB perks!”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Coming home from the Philly Outlets in Limerick and sitting in traffic for what seemed like forever on I-76 we decided to get off the highway and pick up a bottle of wine to enjoy with dinner at home.

Our phone GPS lead us to this shopping center, where to our surprise is a little mecca of internationally ethnic restaurants. As we walked through the wine store we realized that we were starving and still had another 45min to go, so we decided to give the little Indian restaurant a shot.

We read reviews of it on here and most were great except to say that the service was deplorable. But I even disagree with that criticism and perhaps thats because I'm from the city and I have yet to go to an Indian restaurant were the staff was friendly. That being said they were not overly friendly here either but they certainly were not rude. The service was very good, they constantly refilled my water glass and asked if I needed anything, we did not wait too long to order or to be served and we were seated immediately.

Nevertheless, the vegetable samosas were the least greasy ones I have ever eaten and they were delicious, could have used a few more spices but was quite good! My fiancé had the Gobi Masala and I had the Bengan Bharta- we loved both but especially loved mine! The restaurant was 75% full at 6pm on a Saturday night- which I took as a good sign just when walking in.

This was my second time in Wayne and I have loved both experiences. So I will definitely be back since I like the area and the food was absolutely unexpectedly delicious.

*Tip: The restaurant is BYOB and their is not a corkage fee but they are more than glad to open it and provide you with wine glasses or additional glasses.

• Visited February 2012
suburban philadelphia, PA USA
“good Indian buffet”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

not so much on atmospherebut the food is better than the average Indian place &the buffet (lunch during week) has the largest variety around; naturaly a great Vegetarian option (as most Indian restaurants are) and the desserts are particularly good here.

Visited December 2011
North Brunswick, New Jersey
“excellent lunch buffet ever!!”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We are from NJ, so we know what indian food is good and what is not. But we were surprised to have nicest lunch buffet at Taste of India neak king-of-pussia. Lots of variety, and everything is tasty. All these is for very good price - around $10!
Not sure about their dinner menu, but lunch menu food was really good.

• Visited September 2011
Devon, Pennsylvania
“Sorry excuse for an Indian food”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

They thrive on gringo's who have no idea what a good Indian meal is. People creamy tikkha is not Indian food nor is tandoori chicken. This is authentic American Indian fat cuisine. Plus these punjabis are rude.

Been to Taste of India? Share your experiences!