“Disappointed”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Georges'
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Conestoga Rd
Transit: .5 Mile from Septa's Strafford Station
Millersville, Pennsylvania
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went to George's for Sunday brunch last year (2012) and found it to be very good infact excellent so we decided to go for dinner. We picked a Sunday night, maybe that was a mistake. On Sunday night you can bring you own wine. The waiter service was good but the quality of the food wasn't what you would expect at these prices. The beef was over cooked and not prepared as ordered. The crabcake had too much filler and very little lump crabmeat. If it was one dish I would have sent it back. I may give the place one more try because I can't believe it was that bad or I may just chalk it off and move on. Sunday brunc was so good!!!

• Visited March 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“underapprecciated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

This place is really under appreciated. It has great food and a relaxed atmosphere at the bar area and a more refined atmosphere in the main room. Good place for a party especially if you rent out the bar area.

Visited March 2013
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Lovely restaurant with uneven food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We recently went for lunch. It was our 3rd time at this restaurant. The current lunch menu looked so appealing! I started with a petite onion soup gratinee which was fantastic and a good size for a lunch starter. My husband ordered the spicy lamb quesadilla. While tasty, the quesadilla was not spicy, had a nice goat cheese filling, but was a bit ordinary. For entrees, I loved the lobster rolls! They were delicious, flavorful and not too much mayo. My husband was disappointed in the panko oysters with chicken salad. The oysters were well-cooked but were not coated in panko. The chicken salad was filled with onions and heavy mayo. The chicken salad was left on the plate. The chocolate sampler for two was very good. I want this restaurant to deliver on the flavors promised, and it sometimes falls short.

Exton, Pennsylvania
“Not Much on Service!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

A recent trip there during the holidays with a friend for lunch was surprising in that the restaurant really wasn't that busy. However, the service much left to be desired. I had to finally ask for a refill on my iced tea when servers walked by our table more than once seeing my glass empty and did not even ask if I wanted a refill. The menu choices offered something for everyone; sandwiches, entrees, soups and salads. I wsa able to swap my french fires for sweet potato fries for an additional charge but they were soggy and not worth the upcharge. My dining partner ordered salmon which he said was well prepared. There were a few dessert choices but mostly chocolate easy for a non-chocolate lover to turn down!

• Visited December 2012
Villanova, Pennsylvania
“Choice of Elegant and Upbeat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

The atmosphere at Georges' is whatever you want it to be. Want a sports bar with a great pub atmosphere? Want fine dining in a quiet and well-appointed space? Both are here for you and both at prices that won't send you to the liquor cabinet.

Visited December 2012