“Really poor way to relaunch their updated venue”

Teresa's Cafe Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Teresa's Cafe Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 118 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: Belgian, Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I guess management believes it can afford to lose longtime repeat customers. We used to drive 25 minutes to go to Teresa's, and have gone there for 10+ years. With that long of a drive, we aren't "locals" and privy to knowledge of what's happening. We have lived through their massive menu revamps which, we can only gather, were met with stiff resistance since some of the old favorites reappeared on the menu ... But the latest - interior redecoration plus addition of a bar to this once fun local BYO - signals a change that is no longer worth driving 25 minutes for. Only certain (and wonderful, I should add) wait staff were ever cognizant of repeat customers. Front desk reception was always rude at best, wanting to refuse to seat a party if not all were there ("my husband is parking the car in the lot behind the church a block away, thank you very much"), and there is virtually no seating to wait. Yet, the latest was - at this "no reservations taken" restaurant, to arrive at 6PM on a Thursday to be told that the wait was 25 minutes (for a table for 2) unless we wanted to be seated at the bar. Not a problem, we indicated. "And we are no longer BYO." No mention of even a possible corkage fee for we, 'the uninformed,' of this material change in their status. So we turned on our heels, left, and paid $20 corkage at White Dog Cafe for a very nice dinner across the street. The front folks could not have been more ungracious. We don't plan to ever go back to Teresa's although we will miss our favorite waiter, Raymond.

1  Thank clemence_k

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great food and selection. We have been going to Teresa's since it opened and have never been disappointed. You should try it!!!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Love, love, love the eggplant dish.......maybe my favorite restaurant dish of all time!!!!!!! Great bread and olive oil! Casual is a plus for me. Have never had a bad meal. Wish the waiter staff had better knowledge of the beers. Just wanted a "regular" beer and it was almost impossible to figure it out. Not happy with the house wine either. Wait staff is usually very nice with a few exceptions. The biggest complaint I have is the noise. It's hard to have a quiet conversation with my husband. Nothing is private when you are sitting in the bank of seats on the right. You feel like you are on a date with the couples on either side of you. WAY too close.!!! The food is excellent so I would give it a shot!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

The starter salad was good. The menu is an average Italian menu.
I had the seafood pasta which was fine. The complimentary bread is the best part. Depending on the dish the sauce may be a bit heavy so ask before you order. We arrived right before they closed and although we were not rushed, our server wasn't overly friendly. I imagined she just wanted to leave at that point. It does appear to be crowded and popular so I would definitely give it another chance although probably arrive earlier.

1  Thank Yvettetravels
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Positives - Excellent food.
Negatives - Noisy as a train station. Service was way beyond slow. We arrived at 7:30pm and were served our dinner at 8:40pm. Unacceptable service.

The restaurent has some serious service and ambiance problems to address. The place is NOT a good experience for the price.