“Delicious comfort food”

Cuisines: American, Soups
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious comfort food”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We visited Melt Down after a very long day at work for some cheesy, melty goodness, and were not disappointed. I ordered the"classic" (Italian white bread with cheddar) and added avocado and tomato. This sandwich was exactly what I wanted to eat. Crispy bread, melty cheddar, really tasty avocado slices and juicy tomato. I was really impressed. My husband ordered the Baja, and rated it "very good". We also enjoyed the fountain drinks. I got an elderberry soda, and he got the skinny root beer. In all, a great stop for dinner after a long day. We will be back!

• Visited May 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Bland Food-- Hardly "Awesome"”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

First time there in March. For $12 I had a bowl of soup and a grilled ham and cheese. The corn chowder with bacon was pretty good, although warm, not hot. As for the sandwich, the cheddar was of low quality, neon orange and flavorless; Kraft's CrackerBarrel cheese is far superior. The ham was sparse and equally bland. The whole wheat bread had seasonings and was the best part of my meal. Quantity wasn't bad, but overall I see no need to return.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank mrpaladin1234
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
“Go there...Awesome Grilled Cheese!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Who doesn't like a grilled cheese sandwich?!?!?!? These are a cut above to top it off, with tons of awesome varieties, the Ham and Cheddar Melt I had this time was great...and they also have really good Hagen-Daz Shakes, and Natural Sodas...and some other great options too! Love Melt Down!

• Visited April 2013
philadelphia
“New Take on a Basic Sandwich :)”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had passed the Restaurant several times before finally stopping in for Lunch with a Co-Worker.
We were surprised and amazed by the menu offerings. I had a Soup and Sandwich combo which was excellent.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank envirotech
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“Yummy!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Awesome concept. Great variety of grilled cheese sandwiches. A little pricey but you pay for the novelty. It has inspired me to make my own fancy grilled cheese at home. Would recommend to others though, especially those with kids.

• Visited April 2012