“Best Pizza place in Wayne”

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
Ranked #11 of 117 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have been to Anthony's Coal fired Pizza a few times. Ambience is of a sports bar. Lots of TV's and Miami Dolphins posters. The Pizza's are very good, a bit burnt but its there style. Not great choices but they do there selection justice. The Philly cheesesteak is my favorite. The service has been better the last 2 times we went. The first time was bad but the food made us return.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Crust is super thin and crunchy: sometimes nearly burned in spots or "well done", as the sign above the bar says. But, hands down, it's the best in town. As Katze says, there's nothing worse than a mushy, undercooked, blonde crust and that's what the half dozen independent pizza shops in town have to offer. Our favorite meal for two to share: a large pie with a house salad, which gives us a little extra to bring home. Anthony's loses a star for the high prices and groaningly slow carry-out times. Once, we were told it would be an hour and a half.

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Thos was honestly some of the best pizza I have ever had. It would be nicer if it were a bigger more traditionally set up place. Its kind of small and in a strip mall but seriously delicious and priced accordingly

1  Thank Temple_Mike
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was so pleasantly surprised when I stopped in on a whim to have a quick dinner. I have been back at least 5 times bringing friends with me. A "must have" are the meatballs with ricotta. Two large meatballs in a sauce which would do my hometown of Belleville, NJ, home of The Sopranos, very proud. The wood fired eggplant is excellent, sliced as thin as I would make it and very light and delectable. Even the dressing on the salad is wonderful. Don't let the location in a strip mall throw you off. It's well worth it.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've tried most of the pizza joints in the greater Wayne area, and I like this one the best. The pizza is well done - that's their thing. It's also my thing since I absolutely hate undercooked pizza with a mushy crust. The toppings are very high quality and the price is decent. I wish they had a better salad menu. The restaurant is very kid friendly and fairly loud.

1  Thank Katze