“One of my favorite restaurants in Wayne, PA”
Review of Xilantro - CLOSED

Xilantro
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lancaster Ave
Transit: There is a public transit stop only one block from the Wayne train station which makes the commute to Xilantro very easy.
Description: Xilantro Restaurant located in the heart of Wayne takes pride in serving the finest Mexican cuisine. Join us today and enjoy our artisan dishes along with the largest selection of premium tequila in the area. Our tables are now open, and we invite you to enjoy an authentic Mexican dining experience.
Philadelphia, PA
“One of my favorite restaurants in Wayne, PA”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Love Xilantro, and have been there many times. The guacmole is a must try, either during lunch or dinner. Service has always been great, and they always take care of me and my party. Fun place to celebrate different events, and love the menu. Will take me some time to try all the different drinks as well. Planning on going back soon.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank BRITOPSPIN

Downingtown, Pennsylvania, United States
“great dinner”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Came for dinner and all four of us had a great meal. The guacamole was excellent and we all had different meals that were delicious - mole chicken, grouper, steak w/ chorizo and enchiladas. Topped off the dinner with a nice flan. We will be back!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Deb K
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very nice looking fun spot but...”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

First let me say it was a crazy Xmas night out in Wayne. Lotta fun on the street! One would expect the service to suffer and the food to shine but for us it was the other way around. Wonderful service. Very warm and welcoming friendly vibe in this place. The food however was just ok.

Mi esposa got a salad that came with all of two shrimp and two scallops. I ate one of her shrimps and it was large and nicely grilled. She said the scallops were over cooked so I passed on trying those. Overalle she was less than impressed. I wasn't that hungry so I got an appetizer 1st plate of fried soft tortillas and chihuahua cheese with shrimp and poblano peppers. The shrimp were literally microscopic. Never ever have I seen smaller shrimp in my entire life of 40 years. Very sad for me and those little guys.

We did start with the guac and chips. Lots of fresh kinda bland guac! Needs some flavor though like a little garlic or salt or lime or something. Actually like the guac across the street more at Matador. And the chips here were too hard and cold. Much prefer a warm flakier chip with my guac.

For the little kids I was glad to see their effort in doing a kids menu but afterall it is Wayne so its not surprising they offer one. My son got the cheeseburger and fries. He's 4 and doesn't like Adobo flavored meat or whatever Mexican style flavor was in there. I liked the half I ate but it could have had been better for him as a plain burger. The fries were great if they had been a little more fried. They were kinda soft and greasy.

• Visited November 2012
Chester Springs, PA
“Great drinks, but dinner is not worth the money”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Xilantro is a great place to go for drinks and appetizers. Their margarita menu is impressive and the bartender takes his time with each drink. The fresh guacamole is terrific.

The service was fine, but not exceptional. No one explained any of the menu items unless specifically asked. Unfortunately, the food in general is unmemorable. There were 4 of us, and while no one complained about their food, none of us raved either. The only thing i really remember is the churros we shared for dessert, which were cooked just right and were not too greasy. Overall, the food is fine, but overpriced.

Tip: If you do go, ask for a booth. It helps drown out some of the noise.

• Visited October 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Don't waste your time or money”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Went with two colleagues to try this restaurant for lunch. Although it was 12:30 PM, were we the only customers. Now we know why. The server, who was new, was polite but had no understanding of the menu.

My guests had two simple requests and for both we were told they were not able to accomodate us. One simply asked to have her burrito shell replaced with a bed of lettus - no can do. They instead offered an entree twice the price. The other asked if she could get soup and salad instead of soup or salad and one entree for the fixed price lunch - no can do. REALLY?

Was charged an additional $4 (total entree was only $9.99) when I asked for some salsa to spice up my otherwise dry and bland meal. Found that out only after I paid the bill.

I sent a message to the owner and chef on their website and offered to give my feedback prior to posting but did not even hear back from them.

For a restaturant that needs customers, they will

• Visited October 2012