“I'd Stay at this Courtyard Again”

Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
Los Angeles, California, USA
“I'd Stay at this Courtyard Again”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Having read all the other reviews about this location I was a little nervous about staying at this Marriott Courtyard. But, to my surpise our room was fairly quiet, we had a room facing the courtyard as opposed to the street. The location is renovated as others have mentioned. The rooms are clean and the service at the front desk was excellent. We had one issue where our room was NOT cleaned one day but this was not a big deal.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Monroe, New York
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I am partial to staying at Marriotts but next ime I'm in this area, I'll be staying in the double tree. First upon check in, I was put in a room that I needed to take stairs to reach. I recently had spine surgery and and lengthy walks or climbs with bags takes a lot out of me so I asked for a room I can reach by elevator and would be near an elevator. I was even willing to stay on the first floor. I was sent packing down a ways to get the elevator and for an extended walk to my room. Not happy. The hotel itself needs some serious freshening up. Carpets are old and worn and could use some serious vacuuming. The rooms are okay at best - definitely not as nice as some of the other Courtyard. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Columbus
Reviewed February 24, 2012

If you don't mind the constant sound of semi "jake-brakes" (you know the sound) this is a pretty nice hotel. The new lobby and bistro is nicely designed with comfortable tables and nooks to hang out or eat. The food from the bistro pretty good, considering that it doesn't come from a kitchen, but rather, some kind of magic oven that can cook everything from pizza to burgers. Seriously, it doesn't taste bad at all - weird. Perhaps you can request a room on the interios (away from the highway) which would reduce the noise.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This hotel is in a great location convenient to the King of Prussia Mall. The price was very reasonable. The lobby was updated and offered food at a small cafe/Starbucks coffee shop inside the hotel. The indoor pool and hot tub were a nice touch in a mid tier hotel. The room was clean and had all necessities. Overall the hotel was nothing fancy but clean, safe and convienient.... probably more of a 3 1/2 than a 3 but that is not an option on trip advisor.

Room Tip: If you don't mind being on a ground level the rooms on the courtyard were nice (100 level).
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Barrington, RI
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Does not appear to be a family oriented hotel. Stayed here for two weeks on business and to be fair did not have my family with me. Has a pool that I went by daily and never saw anyone in it. Close to King of Prussia Mall and Valley Forge but at $159 a night, a family could do better. Rooms are pretty clean and comfortable. The check-in was fast but it was obvious that the people behind the corner didn't want to be there. Felt like I was bothering them when asking for directions or a restaurant suggestion. Happened the entire two weeks, kind of made me feel uncomfortable.

Room Tip: If you need to use an elevator make sure your room is on the one side that has one.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Usually we bunk at my parents' when we visit but at Thanksgiving, there just isn't enough room for all of us. For the past few years, we have been staying at the Courtyard on Drummers Lane. Over the summer, when I started to make reservations, the rate was double what I had paid the year before, so I started to look for another Marriott in the area that was cheaper. Even though I found one, I didn't book immediately and when I finally was ready to book, I decided to double check the rates at my preferred location. The rates had dropped and I booked immediately.

I don't have much to add to my previous review in August, 2010. The hotel continues to be well-maintained and the housekeeping staff does its job.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Checked in here on business for one night. About a 30 minute drive from PHL.

Pros:

* Renovated Courtyard rooms are very nice. For the most part, work area is getting to be on par with FS Marriott hotels.
* Great service from staff. Excellent interaction with Front Desk, servers and maids. Kudos.
* Nice location near KoP mall. Lots of eating places around.
* Very quite room even though hotel was full.
* Love the balcony rooms. I enjoy fresh air at night.

Cons:
* Bed is still old Courtyard bed and pillows are old Courtyard pillows. Would love to see these change.
* Bar/Food area is nice, but closes at 10 PM. If you are trying to encourage people to stay in lobby, that is WAY too early.
* TV channels limited. Not as varied as other Courtyards.
* Fairly small workout room, but that is consistent with most Courtyards.

Overall, good stay and would stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
#6 of 16 in King of Prussia
Holiday Inn Express King Of Prussia
Holiday Inn Express King Of Prus...
#9 of 16 in King of Prussia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia
Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King ...
#7 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia? Share your experiences!